W7 SP1 anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long has this Service Pack been out? It only showed up in my Windows Update recently. I've installed it on one of my PCs (32-bit) without any issues it seems, but I've also read a few disaster stories online.

Is this generally stable, fully tested by now? I've got two other W7 PCs (64-bit) that I need to install it on, or do I?

It was put out this past Tuesday. I am running it on my Home Premium 64 machine with no issues. Still haven't seen IT push it out to my work PC, but they're usually a month late on updates anyway.

Disaster stories only occur with PC's with other software issues.

The several laptops here updated automatically without incident.

It wouldnt update automatically but I downloaded the 900meg version then installed it and it worked flawlessly.

also worked fine on an older pc i just upgrade to win7

I downloaded the SP1 update and I had no problems with it. I almost never have any problems with Microsoft updates (in fact, none at all that I can remember) so I wonder what people are talking about when they worry so much about updates. Maybe they have other software issues with their computers and blame it on the updates.

Apple has had some massive updates as well. Everybody updates their software. I did hear of some problems with some Apple updates, but I don't remember having any problems.

Just in case there might be a problem with updates a lot of businesses hold off for a while. But I think the typical homeowner should just download the updates.

I think the stories of there being so many problems with software updates is a myth. It may have rarely happened and mostly just a long time ago in the past.

The one update I know of where there were a lot of problems was a McAfee update. And I think TrendMicro had a problem a while back also.

3rd 4th and 5th pc's all worked flawlessly.

this is from someone who had black screens of death from various vista upgrades in the past.

I downloaded the 900meg x64bit deployment .. worked flawlessly.

did have an initial issue on my laptop of it "failing"
from windows update.

3 PCs upgraded here with no issues.

1 Starter, 1 Home Premium, 1 Professional.

I've upgraded my laptop as well with no issues at all. I never have any issues with any updates whether it be Microsoft or Apple.

I have not had any issues either adamrc for a very long time. The last time I had a Blue Screen of Death with a Windows computer was so long ago I can't even remember what version of the Windows operating system I was using.

Actually now that I think about it I did have a problem when I installed Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard). I thought I had trashed my computer because for a long time the screen was just blue. But it eventually came up. And there were some reports of some problems with some Apple updates. But personally I never had a problem with an Apple update except like I mentioned when I installed 10.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back