Volkswagen’s Unlikely Problem:

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
I think they'll come of this alright...

http://time.com/money/4114292/volkswagen-demand-low-inventory/

Quote:

Volkswagen may be battered in the stock market and court of public opinion, but they’re still selling cars. In fact, dealer inventory has been unable to keep up with the demand.

Buoyed by incentives that have made owning a Volkswagen far more affordable, overall demand for the brand hasn’t been hurt by the diesel emissions scandal—October sales for gasoline-powered cars were actually flat year-over-year. According to Autonews, all these incentives have brought down prices to compete with Honda, Ford, and Nissan, something the dealers have always wanted.

You can buy a decently equipped Passat for less than 20grand with all the incentives.

People will look the other way as far as the company's morals are concerned.

Originally Posted By: CKN
You can buy a decently equipped Passat for less than 20grand with all the incentives.

No excuse for the company employees blatantly cheating and breaking emissions laws in the US, but then again most people know that these laws are UNreasonable and don't actually contribute to a healthier environment in any significant manner.

Yep when you have massive cargo ships that pollute as much as 1million cars combined...

Seems like fixing that would be more economical than 1million cars.

Last edited:
Not defending cargo ships. The statement about auto emissions is wrong in so many ways, it is difficult to know how to respond.

So I will simply laugh.

Bill

They would be walking if they didn't.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel

No excuse for the company employees blatantly cheating and breaking emissions laws in the US, but then again most people know that these laws are UNreasonable and don't actually contribute to a healthier environment in any significant manner.

I grew up in the San Gabriel Valley portion of Southern California. When I grew up-you couldn't see the mountains 20 miles away on most days. My throat would hurt after playing outside. The air was miserable. Today, So. Cal has more cars than any state in the nation and the air is cleaner than 50 years ago. The last part of your statement couldn't be more wrong-IMHO!

That's how I am responding to a statement that is blatantly false.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand
Yep when you have massive cargo ships that pollute as much as 1million cars combined...

Seems like fixing that would be more economical than 1million cars.

That's another thing. When I was growing up there were two giant cranes in the L.A. Harbor. Now-there are many, many more and cargo volume has to be up tremendously. And even with all those cargo ships the air is STILL CLEANER than 50 years ago. So clearly, something is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back