voice to text for Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google android has IMHO a superior version of it. Depends on android os installed how good it is.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
Google android has IMHO a superior version of it. Depends on android os installed how good it is.

My Android is 2.3.4.

Is there an app I can get?

Originally Posted By: Donald
My Android is 2.3.4.

Can you not upgrade to 4.x?

Try Skyvi, it's free app and like Siri is fun to play with, but I don't find either particularly useful.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
How is the google android voice app more superior to Siri?
(haven't tried the google one; just curious)

Using the current Android(4.01) using a Nexus 7. You state a 5-10 word sentence to it for a search and it gets all the words(I think uses context for what it does not know) vs Siri which simply translates the word it think it hears and comes back with garbage. And then siri is very comparatively delayed in getting/processing the result. Google is very instant.

I have both devices. Google has had the feature of Siri for a really long time in early stages, I just think they ahead in research since apple is limited to devices. Google has spent years on recognition even down to a once free 411 directory service simply to work on recognition.

Originally Posted By: rjundi

My Android is 2.3.4.

There is no separate app. Voice recognition should already be built into OS. I have Droid 2 Global with the same OS version and did not have to install any additional apps.

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
My Android is 2.3.4.

Not unless it's rooted.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
My Android is 2.3.4.

Not unless it's rooted.

That is unfortunate; I just upgraded my S2 Skyrocket and it was free to do so.

I knew the app was there but thought it was for voice dialing only. I see it can do email, text, dialing, navigation.

I see a button for it on the slide-out keyboard, or select it off the main touch screen menu, any quicker shortcut?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back