VOA LE8531 Monolec Tetra-Syn 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
VOA sample for my Tacoma 4.0L V-6. I haven't seen alot of information on Lubrication Engineers LE8531 Monolec Synthetic 5w30 so I am beginning a series of oil changes (4) on my Tacoma using their oil. I got a decent deal on a case of 24 qts. with a 10x sample kit, total miles at sample time/beginning was 40,041 miles. Just for consistency I will use the Pure One PL10241 oil filter for all 4 oil changes, I usually use an oversize filter but I have several of these filters to use up so here we go. Previous lube was Valvoline Synpower 5w30, the first UOA will probably show skewed numbers from lubericant change. I will post back UOA's - first one at 5,000 miles which is the recommended change interval, I will continue that run until I see the results.

It seems there may be elements of their formula that don't appear on this type of analysis. I have seen similar comments on Valvoline's Synpower analysis reports on here. Here we go -

Lab comment - "New Lube Reference - Data used for baseline reference only. Data indicates no abnormal findings. Resample at normal interval. Your note was taken into consideration; lubricant and filter change acknowledged."

WEAR METALS (ppm)
Iron - 1
Chromium - 0
Nickel - 0
Aluminum - 1
Copper - 0
Lead - 1
Tin - 0
Cadmium - 0
Silver - 0
Vanadium - 0

CONTAMINANT METALS (ppm)
Silicon - 3
Sodium - 0
Potassium - 1

MULTI-SOURCE METALS (ppm)
Titanium - 0
Moly - 54
Antimony - 0
Manganese - 0
Lithium - 0
Boron - 1

ADDITIVE METALS (ppm)
Magnesium - 10
Calcium - 2190
Barium - 0
Phosphorus - 771
Zinc - 849

Water - < .1 - Hotplate
Viscosity @ 100 C - 10.4
Base Number - 7.29 mg KOH/g

Thanks for posting. Sounds like a good plan. Do you have any prior UOA's?

I can't think of a better engine oil and filter combination for your Toyota. Enjoy!

The additive package doesn't look exceptional, but Lubrication Engineers has an excellent reputation. They may be using some secret sauce that doesn't show up in an analysis.

I have a friend that runs an oil field crew and they swear by LE's stuff. Industrial and diesel products primarily for those guys but I got a decent deal so 4 oil changes should put some data points out there at least for the 5w30 synthetic gasoline oil in a Toyota V-6 with relatively low miles at the beginning of the sample phase. This series will be the first UOA's on the engine for this truck, I wish I would have done a couple with the Valvoline Synpower but there always seemed to be something else that had priority - (daughter smashes car up, daughter smashes car up again) not that I'm keeping score or anything
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
The additive package doesn't look exceptional, but Lubrication Engineers has an excellent reputation. They may be using some secret sauce that doesn't show up in an analysis.

Yes, moly at 54 ppm seems inadequate!
Any comments ?

Originally Posted By: A_Harman

It's no secret. They've been using Monolec for years.

Does monolec place these lubes at par with Mobil 1 and Sopus oils?

Anyone know How the monolec oil compares with the likes. Of RL , LM, RP, and other boutique oil brands?

All comments arevwelcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back