VOA Fuchs Titan GT1 Longlife 5w-30 VW 507.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2011 Touareg TDI and my plan is to keep the factory fill for the full 10,000 miles with a sample done at 5,000. I think I would prefer not to use the dealer supplied Castrol and plan to use either the Fuchs, Motul Specific 507 or M1 ESP going forward. While under warranty I'll supply the oil and let the dealer do the labor. I appreciate your help and opinions in making a choice.

page0001-2.jpg

Last edited:
Fuchs would be my choice if I had the $$. MOTUL 507 is a fine oil, but Fuchs has a little extra boron, good for the engine. You really could flip a coin. This oil is good stuff though.

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Interesting brand.
Did you source it from your VW dealer and if you don't mind me asking what does it cost?

I got mine from germanfilters.com $11.45USD liter, cheaper in larger quantities. I know they ship to Canada, but I don't know the cost. Posts on several forums indicate they provide the VW 3.0 TDI factory fill and the brand seems to be well regarded here and on other forums.

I did a VOA on the Pentosin Performance II 5W-30. It meets the VW 504/507 spec. Your two VOA's look identical to the Pentosin's. There doesn't look to be much difference between the 504/507 oils. I would just buy what one you can get cheaper. Most likely it would be the Mobil 1 5W-30 ESP from Pep Boys for $8.00 a liter. Do 5K OCI's and call it a day.

Originally Posted By: wensteph
I have a 2011 Touareg TDI and my plan is to keep the factory fill for the full 10,000 miles with a sample done at 5,000. I think I would prefer not to use the dealer supplied Castrol and plan to use either the Fuchs, Motul Specific 507 or M1 ESP going forward. While under warranty I'll supply the oil and let the dealer do the labor. I appreciate your help and opinions in making a choice.

IMO finally a BITOGer making sense when it comes to new vehicles with factory fill under warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back