Potassium 0ppm
VIS@100C 15.95cSt
Tbn 10.63

Thanks!
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Pops:
Thanks for the post !

What this VOA does not show is the very good base stock oils that is used and the SSI Index of the oil which imo through a UOA shows the quality of the VII's used in the Chevron oil.

What is the "SSI Index"?

Shear Stability Index-A way to evaluate the shearing the oil can tolerate in use.

For the most part it is already shown in the VI at 100C in this case "IF" the same batch of oil in a UOA is sent to the same Lab although it is still not the actual SSI rating of the oil

Thanks for the post !

What this VOA does not show is the very good base stock oils that is used and the SSI Index of the oil which imo through a UOA shows the quality of the VII's used in the Chevron oil.

moly,boron with the higher zinc and phos. would it be needed? My wife has a diesel truck to tow around her horses ,I wonder if moly would help . Amsoil and Delvac 1 are without and they do good in wear.Is there a difference in wear with moly. But would Chevron spend the money to put moly in Supreme if it wasn't necessary? Oil is getting complicated! Also would calcium help with wear like the oil extreme.

[ April 07, 2003, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: Steve S ]

Steve S, The Delo400 might not need that stuff ... but it would make a great cycle oil if it had the same boron package that Chevron Supreme has.
wink.gif

Someone here used htis oil in a BMW which normally calls for 10W60 ... and the Delo400 worked superbly.

Pennzoil 15W40 Long Life has 180ppm of moly if you're interested.

--- Bror Jace

Thank You Bror Jace,

To make it easier here is the older May of 2002 SJ
oil I have found.Test date 7-1-2003 from Blackstones.

Iron = 1
Silicon = 3
Sodium = 1
Calcium = 3056
Magnesium = 6
Phosphrus = 1136
Zinc = 1355

Flash point = 435
SUS @ 210 F = 79.9
TBN = 11

I thought I would bring this back to the top to make comparisons to Calvin's SJ formula VOA a little easier.
wink.gif

Thanks, Calvin for those 4 VOAs.
cheers.gif

--- Bror Jace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back