Video: Kenne Bell Lightning WOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this video posted in the items for sale, but thought I'd share with everyone
smile.gif

Good times, 5,500ft elevation.

Enjoy, BTW the noise at the end of the video is my fiancee. She didn't think it would put her into the seat.

Originally Posted By: Brons2
what the heck is that awful whine? the supercharger??

Awful? You mean beautiful
smile.gif

That's 16lbs of Kenne Bell boost baby! Yes the supercharger.

The whine is sweet! My exhaust now overpowers my SC whine. IMO it should be the other way around.

Not to steal any thunder from the Lightning. For comparison sake here is a short vid last year I took. I have since changed a few things and my exhaust is louder.

This is a M90 Eaton roots type.

Nice Beast, your car moves out pretty well.

Hounddog, yet another thing that he didn't get to do before he died(fiancee's grandfather).

Purely guessing; trucks with similar setups seem to run in the low 12's.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
That whine is awesome. I want the engine in my Vic naow. Roll MadMax style with the supercharger sticking out of the hood. Muhahahaha.

supercharger.gif

LOL, I have to get me one of those
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: panthermike
Nice Beast, your car moves out pretty well.

Hounddog, yet another thing that he didn't get to do before he died(fiancee's grandfather).

Purely guessing; trucks with similar setups seem to run in the low 12's.

Thank you. That was with a old tune. This year it's got a better tune (new software with additional tables) (still in progress as always), stage 2 throttle body and 85mm MAF, rewired fuel pump, new fuel pump, 4 gauge rewiring the alternator to the fuse box then to battery, 42.5lb injectors, no cat, different muffler, lighter wheels. I believe the 42.5# injectors are the stock size the Lighnings use.

The Lightnings are pure animals though. They routinely are in the 12s at the local track.

Lightnings are nice as a truck. But there's no way that one runs low 12's. Sorry. Maybe it's the high elevation.

I had one that ran low 12's and it could not even hook up from a roll like that. Even with 315 drag radials.

A stocker usually runs anywhere from a low thirteen with drag radials to a high 13 with street tires, and they just barely trap over 100 mph.

Doesn't take much to make them faster, as a pulley and a tune work wonders. But I see very few at the strip that are really serious.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Lightnings are nice as a truck. But there's no way that one runs low 12's. Sorry. Maybe it's the high elevation.

I had one that ran low 12's and it could not even hook up from a roll like that. Even with 315 drag radials.

A stocker usually runs anywhere from a low thirteen with drag radials to a high 13 with street tires, and they just barely trap over 100 mph.

Doesn't take much to make them faster, as a pulley and a tune work wonders. But I see very few at the strip that are really serious.

Steve, a stock one yes, but I'm talking about the truck in the video, which puts down around 500hp.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Sorry, but I remain skeptical. The vid starts from just under 20 mph and ends just before 80.

But the SC sounds loud.

Skeptical of....? I'm only saying I'd "guess" it would run in the 12's at the track, I have no idea. I also think the at a lower elevation, acceleration would improve.

The S/C is loud because it has 16 pounds of boost, that's what it says on the paperwork.

BTW, I'm not sure how much difference elevation makes on power? One thing I noticed though; when I took it back to Payson(5000 elevation), it seemed even more powerful. After I dropped off my fiancee, I gunned it from a dead stop and it started "spinning" a bit so I had to ease off.

I do know that this truck also has HUGE potential. I think headers and a full exhaust would be very beneficial.

EDIT: Just found this article, http://www.sharkpw.com/Upload/CategoryDocuments/c997b38a-48f2-4d41-bb12-f365b99f2397.pdf

According to them, power decreases 3% for every 1000 feet. So at 5500 feet; power would be decreased by 16.5%. Or: 13.2% less power than it would make in Phoenix(1100 vs 5500ft elevation).

Not sure of the accuracy of this article, but it makes sense FWIW. Makes me wish I could bring the truck down here to Firebird Raceway
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back