Vibration at 70+MPH

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2006/Jeep Grand Cherokee with 128,600 on the clock.I just had installed 4 new Firestone Destination LE2 tires and I've had a firestone tire alignment.At 70+ MPH the steering wheel vibrates.This append both on concrete and asphalt roads.Any suggestions would be great.Thanks

Originally Posted By: Dually
I have a 2006/Jeep Grand Cherokee with 128,600 on the clock. I just had installed 4 new Firestone Destination LE2 tires and I've had a firestone tire alignment. At 70+ MPH the steering wheel vibrates. This append both on concrete and asphalt roads. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Try a rebalance. I had the same thing happen when I purchased for the GP four new tires at America's Tire (Discount Tire) and had an alignment done at my normal shop. Once AT rebalanced the tires, it was fine.

I had the same problem, but LTX's; problem moved with a tire rotation. But I still think it's off, as I get some vibration. Just not all the time. I think my case is probably some combination of: LTX's ride different, and not as compliant as the OEM rubber. I have the tires overfilled (for mpg), and so it rides rougher (less "bounce" permitted in the tire). Finally, it's possible that the cheapo steal rims just will never quite mesh properly with these tires, for some reason.

Someday I might see about having a different shop balance the tires. For now I just don't drive the gas hog past 60.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back