VALVOLINE SYNPOWER OIL TREATMENT from Blackstone Labs

Status
Not open for further replies.
vwoom ,

For a slight mid interval TBN bump and to thicken slightly yep it would mix with the Durablend but if you are using the GF-4 version I think we'll soon see that oil has moly a plenty .

On another note , I've now seen three new OTC additives that say things akin to SM oils not having enough additives for the older cars . One brand say's it's for cars with over 75k on the engines , the other two I ..... forget
smile.gif

For some of these oils that already have mucho moly the Kendall Nitro 70 dino has a abundant add pack and might be a nice low cost thickener with lotsa ZZzzzinc
smile.gif

Whatever the name of that Hi-TBN additive was I posted about in the additive section might be a nice one as it's base oil is Ester . It's 57 bucks a gallon which is not all that much in price really but a gallon is a bit much unless sharing the jug with a buddy , or two , or three
tongue.gif

Thanks Motorbike. It's very likely I'll end up using some GF-4 DB since almost all the blue bottles I see around(Pep Boys, Wallys, AZ, Kragens..)on shelves has the new "Tougher" labels on. Yes, I did see that VOA on Durablend GF-4..Thank God for Ms Moly.
grin.gif

Haven't seen Kendall Nitro around these parts..or any Kendall products for that matter.

I'm curious about that hi-tbn ester base additive? Do you have a linky from the additive forum..can't seem to find it.

$57/gal! Ouch..Does it come in a smaller package?..A gallon I think is still a lotta additive, even for three. How about splitting it to more peeps..like a group buy .
fruit.gif

Btw, would you know a good & compatible top off oil for Motul E-Tech 0w40? I'm short by 3 ltrs to add to my 12 stashed(to make 3 changes).

[ January 07, 2005, 02:45 AM: Message edited by: vwoom ]

quote:

Originally posted by vwoom:

Btw, would you know a good & compatible top off oil for Motul E-Tech 0w40? I'm short by 3 ltrs to add to my 12 stashed(to make 3 changes).

I would just pick up 3 more liters from the online source located in Ca .

On the additives take this free advice for what it's worth ..... the stuffs a fun place to visit but I would not want to live there saying there's nothing out there that I've seen to replace the good choice in oils to start with but this is fun conversation .

I cannot express enough the need to use anything available only to enhance low cost oil and not to reformulate them . GF-4 brought some new zincs , defoament polymers and more into the mix so I am cautious now more than ever . It might even get to the point to where it's not cost effective to use some of these additives when there are premium grade dino oils still available to do the job well during normal intervals .

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:

quote:

Originally posted by vwoom:

I would just pick up 3 more liters from the online source located in Ca .

On the additives take this free advice for what it's worth ..... the stuffs a fun place to visit but I would not want to live there saying there's nothing out there that I've seen to replace the good choice in oils to start with but this is fun conversation .

I cannot express enough the need to use anything available only to enhance low cost oil and not to reformulate them . GF-4 brought some new zincs , defoament polymers and more into the mix so I am cautious now more than ever . It might even get to the point to where it's not cost effective to use some of these additives when there are premium grade dino oils still available to do the job well during normal intervals .

I was thinking an easy otc(thinking superior ester = GC) to add as top-off. The oils gonna be 5qt approx for my 1.8T due to the oversized Mann 950/4 filter aka Purolator L40316.

I actually got the Motul from a closeout cycle shop I found online last year..an extreme deal I could say. E-Tech for $4.83/ltr incl. shipping..and I bought all of the remaining. I think I cannot swallow the going price of $9-11/ltr E-Tech. Just got a lucky strike on this oil I guess.

Okey. So maybe I'll end up returning SPOT...a reason to go back to AZ for...GC(?)
grin.gif

With this new breed of GF-4 oils, do you think it be at par with say non-ILSAC rated HDEO performance-wise?

[ January 08, 2005, 03:40 AM: Message edited by: vwoom ]

Most excellent as I missed seeing your report .

Some of this w/ Pennzoil might be the ticket

Which reminds , bought some API SM 10w-30 with the Liberty Bell on it and need to pour 3 ounces out of it right quick and get it sent ........ the first step in obtaining a VOA I keep telling myself
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back