Valvoline SynPower 5w-30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
10cSt VSP 5w-30 sold in USA is not the 12cSt Euro VSP referenced in the manual. Audi USA made the same mistake, which I confirmed with a Valvoline tech. However, 10cSt oil work fine in most instances of American driving....just not if you track your car.

I am thinking I may try some of the Synpower 5w-30 in my mini. I appears to be on the miniusa approved list and it is currently on sale at Checker's for $3.99 a bottle. Pretty good price.

Thanks for your help,
Lon

just wanted to throw it out there that I used synpower once when it was on sale and it made my engine very loud, so loud that my wife told me the car sounded like [censored] and that I should change the oil. I changed at 2k and the oil was black!!!! At that point in my cars life I was always useing PP and after that I went back to it and my motor was smooth and quiet again. Dont really know what the problem was but based on that I'll never use it again, take it for what its worth.

Originally Posted By: lrtrees
So many recommend the European blend Castol 0w-30. This is alittle harder to find and I have not seen it at WM.

You won't find it at WalMart. Look at AutoZone or PepBoys.

Originally Posted By: 77GrandPrix
Have not had any issues with Synpower and I have not heard of any experiences like the one above.

Neither have I. I was really impressed with how fluid the Synpower 5W-30 stayed during our last Montana winter, and how quiet the car was when using it.

I presently have Synpower 10-30 in my "97 Town Car. This car has 204,000 miles and has almost always had Mobil-1 oil in it. The synpower is working fine--engine is quiet.

Originally Posted By: ryland
just wanted to throw it out there that I used synpower once when it was on sale and it made my engine very loud, so loud that my wife told me the car sounded like [censored] and that I should change the oil. I changed at 2k and the oil was black!!!! At that point in my cars life I was always useing PP and after that I went back to it and my motor was smooth and quiet again. Dont really know what the problem was but based on that I'll never use it again, take it for what its worth.

For it to be black after 2000 miles, maybe it was cleaning out
the engine gunk that PP left behind.

I dont know guys all I know is thats what happened. The engine noise was very loud! I've used regular Valvoline before and also the napa oil made by ashland and have nothing bad to say about their oil but it was just not good.

Originally Posted By: ryland
I dont know guys all I know is thats what happened. The engine noise was very loud! I've used regular Valvoline before and also the napa oil made by ashland and have nothing bad to say about their oil but it was just not good.

Ryland. I was just having some fun. Thats odd though.
Noises then turning black. This sound as if we were talking
about Auto-RX.

I just put 5W-30 Synpower in our 06 Corolla yesterday, she purrs like a kitten. Got it when they were having the $10 rebate a few months ago.

Lon, what oil did you use in your Cooper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back