US or Mexican Coke

Mexican Coke is OK.. The best Coke comes from the McDonalds fountain. IMO YMMV
I've heard that also. I believe the filtration system both at McDonald's use and QuikTrip QT use is far superior to what even the Coca-Cola factory recommends. I used to refill my water at QT from the fountain and one of the managers told me it's the only water he'll drink that's not bottled.

this was my go-to drink during all the back pain I had along with over the counter Tylenol. it was the only soft drink I can taste during covid which I had back in late April of 2023. during a couple stints in my youth I was unemployed and my parents would take me out to dinner with them occasionally and I would have a coffee or a tea and then when I found work again I would not drink tea or coffee and I would get really awful mind crippling tearful headaches. I learned to either get a large cup of unsweetened iced tea from Casey's general or a big Coca-Cola and a dose of fexofenadine and I was good to go.

Attachments

• 20231109_201446.jpg
    20231109_201446.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 8
The glass does matter. Any drink in a can or plastic (n) to me tastes different than glass. :unsure:

Mexican Coke is widely available here in supermarkets. Costco is a no no because it would kill the sales of other items and is not price competitive. At least in my area.

Average $1 to $1.50 + deposit dependent on size, 8 oz, 12 oz, 1/2 liter.
Like a good restaurant that serves everything in proper glasses - clear ice - some fresh lemon or mint - Real Glass Matters !

Mexican Coke in glass bottles and Mexican Pepsi in glass bottles. best Pepsi i ever had was Bosnian Pepsi during the Bosnian wars 93-95.

The recipes are a little different, the glass bottle itself has nothing to do with it. I believe the American blend has corn syrup instead of sugar.

Coke isn't the only example of home domestic buyers getting a crappier version than the rest of the world.

Candy, or chocolate as well. Had a Kit Kat with me on the last trip. Comparing it back-to-back with a Japanese Kit Kat, the American version was much sweeter, had little chocolate flavor, and in general was more like a sugar bomb facsimile. Same, compared to the original British Kit Kat.

I'm not necessarily against sweetness, and used to love Reese's, but now find them too much so, like a lot of American candy bars, their one-and-only note.

A lot of people dislike Hershey's chocolates, but some of it is still decent. Mars' candy bars have always had junk chocolate in comparison. Gotta pay more for their Dove brand to get a real taste.

Coke, and other sodas made with sugar being considered "special" is just another part of the sad joke about how little Mega Food cares about its consumers.

Something is wrong with you. You need Jesus.
Why do I need Jesus?
Go in and get a Coke. Because you use ice the Coke there has a bit more syrup to make up for the ice. I have had the Mexican Coke and it is often not fresh and always near expiration date .

Last edited:
Coke isn't the only example of home domestic buyers getting a crappier version than the rest of the world.

That's a pretty blanket statement. Crappy in your view but not everyone. Yes I am one of the weirdo's who go to McDonalds just to get my once a week soda. It does taste better than Mexican Coke over ice. IMO YMDV I don't need blanket statements and don't want to be influenced by your gibberish. :D

This. A thousand percent. Weirdest thing, but is consistent through any Mcd's I've visited. I do get a cold Mexican Coke when I dine at Chipotle though.
We have a mom and pop diner and they keep a pretty steady workforce - the Coke from the fountain will just plain clear your throat - and it’s never under/over on the flavors …

All Mexican Coke, all the time. I won't drink soda with HFCS in it. I search out Mexican Coke. I also like Manhattan Special. True old school sodas. Sarsaparilla, Orange, Vanilla Cream and Lemon Lime.

Mexican Coke because it has real sugar in it. I miss the Pepsi and Moutain Dew throwback versions for the same reasons.

All Mexican Coke, all the time. I won't drink soda with HFCS in it. I search out Mexican Coke. I also like Manhattan Special. True old school sodas. Sarsaparilla, Orange, Vanilla Cream and Lemon Lime.
Boylan's makes good stuff too, all cane sugar.

Back