uploading pics to comp....

Status
Not open for further replies.
first time i'm trying this.I loaded the driver disc,connected usb cable to comp and camera,then opened the icon for the driver. nothing. I have a sony dsc-p8 ,xp home .what setting do i switch the camera to? or is it automatic?

Quote:

opened the icon for the driver.

Not sure if you are using the correct term. The driver disks install software that XP uses to access the camera Once the drivers are loaded you should be using functions of XP to access the camera not any "driver icons" Isn't there some sort of "Cameras and Scanners" control panel under XP?

Every camera I've had didn't need any drivers under XP. XP will detect them either as Removable Storage or a USB Mass Storage device. It'll appear under My Computer.

The driver discs will usually just include some proprietary software that gives you options to edit the photos, or automatically delete the photos after transfer, etc. All things I can do myself.

my camera also doesn't need anything; connect, then turn camera on ( a window appears usually, asking what you want to do: select "copy pictures on to computer" or whatever that choice is)...

and be sure to turn the camera off before disconnecting it by clicking "safely remove hardware" button on the taskbar...(little green icon), and wait until it says "safe to remove..." etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back