Unwanted onscreen McAfee Anti-Virus notifications

Here is an article from Mcafee... we just went through this with a kid's laptop and Chrome:
You have to find and disable the push notifications for one of the sites shown on the popups. I don't recall the one the kid was seeing. But it showed on the popup AND was in the list of ALLOWED notifications under chrome setttins.

We had fully uninstalled Mcafee and reverted to Windows Defender when we bought the computer. So we knew it wasn't Mcafee doing this.

I need instruction and a course of action.
I own a HP Envy.
Apparently, some anti-virus/anti-malware program has expired.
I get recurrent "Viruses found" notices. They are black squares on the screen's right side.
I click on their X and they go away.
What can I do to stop this? Do I buy their product?
This is blackmail.
Cant you go into add and remove programs and delete it?
There is a way.

It appears Mcafee has removed the article I was referencing.
Look half way down THIS article instead:
https://www.mcafee.com/learn/how-to-stop-the-popups/

This is the exact same issue we were dealing with where the pops were on the right and Mcafee was not installed.
Do not click on the messages.
Go to this link... in Chrome (or any chromium based browser), it opens the exact settings you need to examine:
chrome://settings/content/notifications
There is a list of "Allowed to send Notifications" Fine the ones that have the same web address as shown on the messages you are seeing and click the ... button and then BLOCK.

Cant you go into add and remove programs and delete it?
There is a way.

Not this way - it's a popup/notification that looks like a program but is actually a web browser notification that was allowed. As far as I know HP hasn't bundled McAfee with their PCs in a while.

Back