Unkown brand, 5W30, 2001 Lincoln LS 3.0 V6, 26,000 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

I wouldn't be concerned about blackstone, but the engine. I think Tooslick is closer to the truth.

If the bearings are worn down, I would think you'd see SOME lead in a UOA. I am having a hard time believing that the bearings could be worn down to thier shell.

UPDATE

I was told today that the engine in this vehicle seized up last week. The mileage was around 50,000. Looks like those who sugested that major damage was done were correct.

This was a company car, so no worries that an individual got screwed after purchasing this from a used car lot.

BTW: This was NOT my car.

Dock it is terrible what you did to your car!!
tongue.gif
Too bad it quit running I was going to say to top it off and resample in another 26,000 miles.
128.gif

"We are not ready to call any of these results a problem"

Great call from Blackstone!!

"Suggest resampling in 5,000 miles to monitor iron."

Without changing it?

"Silicon was high and may show dirt getting past the air filter"

Better run out to the Zone and get a new filter before it is towed off!!

grin.gif
grin.gif

TBN at 0.0 after 26000 miles he invested in a Oil Report good thinking.Perhaps all the clunking
crushedcar.gif
smoking,and a christmas like effect with the warning lights was the reason anyway good call.
rolleyes.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Schism:

quote:

Originally posted by DockHoliday:
UPDATE

The mileage was around 50,000.

Wait, 50k more miles on the motor, so it died at 117k? You said the car had 67k before the update.

Maybe the weight of all the iron in the engine reached critical mass, caused a quantum singularity (black hole), and in true Star Trek style caused the Lincoln to wrap around the sun before being propelled back in time to a point when it only had 50,000 miles, at which point it seized?
By the way, about the absence of lead, I think this engine is basically a suped-up version of the Duratec you see in the Ford Escape/Ford Taurus.
That engine turns in zero lead regardless of what you do to it. I don't think it even uses lead based on 3 of my UOAs.
http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002786;p=1#000011

Two things:

1) run the second batch of oil for a short OCI and then change it again--the first batch of fresh oil can pick up any debris left over from the previous (exceedingly) long OCI.

2) don't let him do this again.....

Mitch,

You must not have read the whole thread real careful-like.
This engine seized a few days back. No more UOA on this one, as a 4-year-old company Lincoln car with a seized engine is probably NOT getting returned to service.

Interesting post, even if it is a few years old. Company car or not, it's a real shame to destroy a perfectly good car with total neglect.

Originally Posted By: buster
Lead of 0? I don't believe it.

Probably because the bearings are completely gone and there's no more lead left to shed haha.

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
bump. I miss the original guys who no longer post here

Yeah same here. I always see a ton of the old school screen names when I do a BITOG Google search. Makes me wonder whatever happened to them
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back