Unidentified filter from 61 Pontiac Ventura

Status
Not open for further replies.
40+ year old oil filter cut open. Filter off a friends 61 Pontiac Ventura, the engine had not been ran since about 1971 and this is the filter that came off of it. Please help me figure out who made this filter

http://youtu.be/kVH7Tev43cQ

2012-05-28_23-04-40_950.jpg

2012-05-28_23-01-41_174.jpg

Looks like a Champ Labs product. Were you able to discern what was stated in the side of the can? It looks like "USK".

No bypass valve (mentioned in the video) because the engine is GM which has the bypass in the block.

Need to cut back some on that OCI ...
lol.gif

What strikes me is the SIZE of that filter. I do recall a size larger than the "PH8A", is that it?

This also must have been close to the time they went from the filter element and housing design to the spin-on.

Joel

I remember the Fisk Tire stores (they were part of Uniroyal by the '50s and '60s). I also remember Fisk branded parts at KMart in the '60s and '70s.

I vote for Champ Labs. Base plate looks like the non-E-[censored] filter. The picture is kind of an optical illusion. It's not quite as long as it looks. This is the equivalent of a Wix 51049. A little longer than a PF35, but with the B-O-P end plate. I think the AC number was PF11. These are not made anymore. Most companies have replaced this with the AC PF24, Fram PH30 short filter.

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
I remember the Fisk Tire stores

Yeah, my Gran used to use the "time to re-tire" line when I was a kid (reference the yawning boy Fisk adds).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back