U3003-16 code on Honda Civic HB ‘17

Looking for your advice bitog pros. I’ve noticed a few times upon electric parking brake disengagement “brake” light would flash a few times and go away. Finally got to run the diagnostics and it came back with DTC U3003-16 (see below). Am I wrong assuming the likely root cause is the low voltage provided by the battery? Could that be something else? For context, battery is an OEM battery bearing 7 yrs old (factory installed battery). Not once the car failed to start or even struggle to start. I’ve ran battery diagnostics a couple of years and the tool said it needs to be replaced. I know, I should’ve done it already, and I will. Just trying to understand if EPS code is solely battery related or could be something else.
Thanks team

Attachments

• IMG_2999.jpg
    IMG_2999.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 22
I wasn't trying to be mean.

Yes it could be other things - anything causing low voltage on B+ bad connections etc, however if the battery is testing bad that's a very logical first step (and needs it anyway).

Also if this thing has a 51r in it my experience with them is that they seem fine, right up until the car wont start at the fuel pump.

Back