turbo street / track car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: hustler
I scored a response from redline. They recommended "running a full season" on their oil, which floors me. That seems pretty ballsy, but they know what they're talking about. I was expecting to change oil before and after each track day (at least 2x per month), so this is a surprise. Should I worry about fuel contamination if I'm running 11.7-12.1:1 AFR's? I don't want to go leaner than 12:1 (because I don't like the idea of throwing excess fuel at knock), especially in an 8.8:1 static compression motor.

Can anyone recommend a "high phosphorus" oil to use for break-in?"

Thanks

I would not worry about fuel in the oil, you will get it hot enough to burn any dilution up.

For break in oil, i have allways heard to use a dino oil.

I have never tried it, but If I was trying to break in a new motor, I would use pennzoil Yellow bottle dino oil, with Redlines "Engine Break-in Additive"

If your gonna use redline, lets use it from the start!

This little thing motor is gonna be MEAN!

Originally Posted By: hustler
I scored a response from redline. They recommended "running a full season" on their oil, which floors me. That seems pretty ballsy, but they know what they're talking about. I was expecting to change oil before and after each track day (at least 2x per month), so this is a surprise. Should I worry about fuel contamination if I'm running 11.7-12.1:1 AFR's? I don't want to go leaner than 12:1 (because I don't like the idea of throwing excess fuel at knock), especially in an 8.8:1 static compression motor.

Can anyone recommend a "high phosphorus" oil to use for break-in?"

Thanks

That polyol ester base stock is hard as nails , if a jet turbine won't break it down an IC engine won't !! DOn't worry about fuel contamination , I run those AFR's without a prob. I do run a separate breather can vented to atmosphere thru a filter. To put your mind at rest , do an oil analysis to double check for fuel contamination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back