Tried some NuFinish today...Not bad!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always looking to try some different waxes/sealers/protectants etc. So today while at Walmart decided to pick up a bottle of the liquid. I had some slight fallout on the paint so did a light clay bar treatment before usage. Must say this stuff is pretty decent!! This stuff is super EASY to wipe off which is a major plus for me. The paint is now "smoother than a prom queen's thighs". I've tried them all, but this might now be my go to wax. We'll see how it holds up. I tried NuFinish in the '80's and it was just average to me. Seemed like back then it was more thicker, gritty. Product now very smooth, creamy. Plus the price was very reasonable. I like! Tom

BTW also got some of their scratch repair...haven't tried it yet though.

They must have changed formulations because I remember it being a royal pain to remove.

When I used it, I thought it gave a decent finish and lasted a long time. Stained black rubber and plastic bits terribly though.

I am converted to Nu Finish myself. I've used it a few times now, and I really like it. Also, it does seem to last. We'll see in the long run, but I'm happy with it for the time being too!

It is a decent product and has had several formula changes through the years, all for the good. It still has good staying power and holds up well.

Originally Posted By: AlienBug
They must have changed formulations because I remember it being a royal pain to remove.

Yeah, it used to be a reap PITA to remove but the latest formula is a lot easier to remove. And yep, it sure does last. I find it leaves a mediocre finish at best, perfect for beat up daily drivers...but then again, NuFinish has no place on my vehicles
cool.gif

These posts are amusing...I mean nothing personal, and if you really like Nufinish, by all means use it, but there have been many discussions in here comparing Nufinish with other waxes and it's clear there are better products available...why people continue using this stuff is puzzling to me...

Originally Posted By: grampi
These posts are amusing...I mean nothing personal, and if you really like Nufinish, by all means use it, but there have been many discussions in here comparing Nufinish with other waxes and it's clear there are better products available...why people continue using this stuff is puzzling to me...

I don't use it but it works well for some folks and some finishes. No one ever said there weren't better products available but for many it fills the bill. Nothing wrong with that. Not everyone enjoys hour after hour of working on the exterior of their car especially with the summer we've had.

Have never tried Klasse. Where is the best place to buy it??

I usually alternate between DG, Collinite 476, and Meguiars cleaner wax.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
Originally Posted By: grampi

I don't use it but it works well for some folks and some finishes. No one ever said there weren't better products available but for many it fills the bill. Nothing wrong with that. Not everyone enjoys hour after hour of working on the exterior of their car especially with the summer we've had.

That's what I'm talking about. Most people would like to use a product that not only looks good, but is easy to use and doesn't require frequent applications. As many have stated in this forum, there are products that do all these things better than Nufinish....so why not use them?

Well, for one thing it's about six bucks and can be purchased anywhere with no shipping involved. I would rather someone use Nufinsh rather than do nothing at all. It does work and for some folks "good enough" is all they are looking for.

Kinda like why use standard oil when there are better synthetic oils out there? Standard oil is good enough.

Nu-Finish holds up well in Miami burning sun and constant monsoon downpours for up to six months or longer..Nothing else I used lasted that long and I have tried everything.

. . . I remember when this stuff used to be sold mail order on the UHF channels. Then it showed up at Woolco one day.

I think I have a 20 year old bottle somewhere in the back of the cabinet.

Maybe I'll try a coat on the old tractor for poops and giggles.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
Nu-Finish holds up well in Miami burning sun and constant monsoon downpours for up to six months or longer..Nothing else I used lasted that long and I have tried everything.

You have not tried everything, that's for sure because there are many other products that would hold up just was well as NuFinish, it not better, in your conditions. Just the facts.

I can only speak from my experience of using Nufinish I have always been pleased with both the shine and most definitely the durability, the one downside is you must be very careful to avoid getting product on plastic trim a real pain to remove.......

Originally Posted By: gary031
Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE

You have not tried everything, that's for sure because there are many other products that would hold up just was well as NuFinish, it not better, in your conditions. Just the facts.

Yep, I have had Zaino last for a year just for one of those products...

I'm going to be giving the NuFinish a shot soon on Ol Yellar. I have a question though, and thought I'd just ask here instead of starting a new thread.

Per their directions, you apply with a damp cloth. Can you use an orbital to apply? Just curious why they say damp cloth to apply.

NuFinish is good stuff. For an OTC product available just about anywhere, it'll bring back a nice shine and will last for quite awhile.
I've used it many times thru the years with good results. If it leaves oily streaks, I just go over the car with a quick detailer to remove them.
I used it in the house as well on counter tops and my composite black kitchen sink. Appliances, etc...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back