Tried some new products

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was time for my spring detail. For the last 5-6 years, my two punch combo was Menzerna FP II and Duragloss 105. I loved this combo. I fianlly used up the bottle of Menzerna. So I looking for a new polish. I chose Optimum Polish II. Then I wanted to try a new sealant. I convinced my friend to try Rejex for his boat. I thought I should try it also. So we sent in a big order to Autogeek.

I did my usual detail job.

Wash
Clay
Auto Glym Glass polish
Optimum polish
50/50 wipe down
Rejex

All I got to say is. The paint looks great! I can't believe how smooth and slick it is. I used the Optimum with a orange pad on my PC. I put the Rejex on with my hand. I found my new favorite combo. My car is over 3 years old, and has 31,000 miles on it.

photo-2_zps94be56f4.jpg

Looks great. I used DoDo Juice for sealing over the Lite Prime Cleaner with the Hard Candy Paste wax, all from DoDo Juice. Will top that off with the Colonite 845.

Your paint looks deep and rich.

Would a professional charge lot more than $200 to do this on a minivan? I got tired just reading the steps shown by OP :)

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Would a professional charge lot more than $200 to do this on a minivan? I got tired just reading the steps shown by OP :)

I know of some detailer(s) that charge $650 for a major correction and opti coat installed. That's just for the exterior. Many, many steps involved. Beats paying thousands for a new paint job. Most of their work are top of line cars except for this one: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72380

Originally Posted By: Vikas

Obviously that depends on the condition of the paint, what the owner expects, and how much correction (hours) is needed to obtain that. For most minivans $250 wouldn't even get close from the ones I've done in the past but there are many variables. Each quote by a professional is individual, no two people want the same results. That's why a true pro will spend a lot of time with the owner finding out EXACTLY what they want and are willing to pay for. Doing the work is an art in itself and so is dealing with the customers......that's the REAL art.

Sadly, the boss has no problem spending $80 for the cleaning lady to clean our house every other week but if I were to spend $10 every five years on the car wash, I get the "treatment" :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back