trailer tire lifespan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't worry about it. My trailer only see's ocassional use, sits out in the weather too, so I just buy a new one every 3-4 years.

I went ahead and rotated them a couple days ago as dumb as it sounds. lol The tires with more tread went in place where the tires with less tread were, so they will be evenly worn out.

Quote:
tandem axle landscape trailer. My guess is it's all the turning around I do that causes the tires to drag around on the pavement.

Yep.

What size wheels? If 16", consider commercial truck highway rib tires. If 14", look at Kumho Radial 857 or 14" or 15" tires made for the small European vans (VW). ST trailer tires are too often unreliable junk.

Originally Posted By: Ken2
Quote:
tandem axle landscape trailer. My guess is it's all the turning around I do that causes the tires to drag around on the pavement.

Yep.

What size wheels? If 16", consider commercial truck highway rib tires. If 14", look at Kumho Radial 857 or 14" or 15" tires made for the small European vans (VW). ST trailer tires are too often unreliable junk.

Not anymore. There are two tire makers that seem to have good products. The first one is Maxxis with the M8008 ST Radial. The second, a newer tire is the Carlisle Radial Trail HD. Both tires are getting good reports and seem to be reliable. The trouble with the Kumho 857 is that you cannot just switch out the tires for the same size-because you have load range issues.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Also, the Intero Trailer Trac seem pretty good.

Both Maxxis and Carlisle tires have a Nylon cap-important for construction. Do you know if the Intero tire does? Doesn't say it does/doesn't on their website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back