Traded in the Fusion....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You trader!
smile.gif

Congrats. My FIL has a previous gen Optima, and it's been in the shop more than all my Fords combined. Hopefully yours will be better.

Last edited:
Boy, haters gotta hate, huh? It's frustrating to see someone excited about a new car, take the time to post it, and have folks come on and poo-poo it.

Oh well. OP, congratulations on the new car! The new Optimas look right nice to me. I'd love to see more pictures of it!

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Boy, haters gotta hate, huh? It's frustrating to see someone excited about a new car, take the time to post it, and have folks come on and poo-poo it.

If I were a moderator, they would all be deleted. If you don't have anything useful to say or "nice car", just don't post.

Originally Posted By: ryansride2017
If I were a moderator, they would all be deleted. If you don't have anything useful to say or "nice car", just don't post.

I agree.
It's different if OP asks what car should he/she get that would meet his/her needs, but it's totally uncalled for in threads like this one.

Last edited:
In a discussion forum it may be unreasonable to expect every poster to agree with ANYTHING.

That said, I am no Hyundai/Kia fan. But I would happily choose an Optima over a Sonata based on the looks. Good looking car.

So, how is the handling and power compared to Fusion? I assume your Fusion was 3.0? The new Optimas do look great. I would seriously consider one if going non-domestic.

I like the Optima. The design is fluid and both ends look like they belong on the same car.They should have given it a more aggressive grill though.

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
You trader!
smile.gif

+1

Kidding aside, if you lose confidence in a car you drive everywhere, thats a pretty good reason to get rid of it.

So far no problems with mine. Hopefully it stays that way.

Nice Kia though. Hope to get more details...

Congratulations are in order. Let us know how it is holding up in a few years. Enjoy that new car smell and hold up on the WOT, after break in of course!

I do like the look of the new Optima's, they are a sharp car.

...and with a 274HP turbo, seems like one heck of a ride!

But, I gotta admit disappointment - I'm big fan of the now 'older' Fusion/Escape, that came with the option of the 3.0L Duratec V-6. I'm annoyed that the new Fusion, Escape, and a lot of other mid-size card and CUV's don't offer a V-6 option, they are just all 4-cylinder, or turbo 4-cylinder.

I like my smooth, torquey V-6! Give it back, Ford!

Originally Posted By: addyguy
I do like the look of the new Optima's, they are a sharp car.

...and with a 274HP turbo, seems like one heck of a ride!

But, I gotta admit disappointment - I'm big fan of the now 'older' Fusion/Escape, that came with the option of the 3.0L Duratec V-6. I'm annoyed that the new Fusion, Escape, and a lot of other mid-size card and CUV's don't offer a V-6 option, they are just all 4-cylinder, or turbo 4-cylinder.

I like my smooth, torquey V-6! Give it back, Ford!

Modern turbo engines are usually at or close to maximum torque by 2500 RPM, and come onto boost smoothly, eliminating the need for a V6 engine.

You have to drive one to feel the difference.

I also test drove the same Kia several months ago getting the $25 gift card, and I found it to be quite a solid riding car, pulling pretty good toward redlne, with hardly any noticeable lag. Nicely equipped with the a/c seats being my favorite, especially here in S.Florida. Just was crazy about the sub $35k price tag.

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
^It's not gone yet. I'm sure your dealer has plenty of 2012 models in stock -- at a nice discount/rebate.

I can't afford a new 2012 now, but trust me, my car 'plan' as of now is to buy a 3-year old V-6 one used in 2015, and keep it as long as I can.

Thanks for all of the comments guys, my wife loves it so far. She's the one driving it mostly, naturally
smile.gif

I'd have to disagree about the comment on it riding rough and noisy. It's definately comparable to the Fusion in that department IMO. I do think the tires a bit noisy though (Hankooks).

Here's some specs on the car:

-2.0T/6 spd auto with shiftronic (paddle shifters)
-Leather interior
-HID healights and LED taillights
-Bluetooth
-18" wheels
-Much more, lots of little things

Two things that it does have that the Fusion didn't; auto headlights, and outside temp. Not a big deal I know, but it drove me crazy that the Fusion didn't have it.

Here's another pic as well:

IMG_20120502_180620.jpg

That really is a good looking car and I like it quite a bit.
I just really hate those rims. Drove a Forte5 back in the fall and it was a surprise. Better than I thought it would be for sure.

Congrats! I really like the new Optimas, I feel like their styling gives them a really strong "road presence" and they look like a much more expensive car. I've not seen the interior in person but have seen plenty of pictures and AFAICT it's got one of the nicest "no-nonsense" interior designs in its class - simple and driver oriented.

I am NOT a fan of the new Sonata or really any of Hyundai's newest generation when it comes to styling, interior or exterior (well, maybe excepting the upcoming Genesis Coupe revision), but I feel like Kia's line makes up for it.

I had a brand new Rio rental earlier this week on a business trip and while I was not a fan of how it drove (mainly due to the combination of a weak engine and an automatic transmission tuned for efficiency -- I'm sure that complaint doesn't apply to the Optima) it's clear they've come a long way in terms of interior design and quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back