Toyota vs. Purolator PureOne-ADBV

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my next oil change in the Corolla I would like to use a Purolator PureOne instead of the Toyota brand oil filter I have been using exclusively since I bought the car. I will be running this oil change into the winter months--this engine tends to have some chatter on the cold mornings (even with 0W-30 oil)--I want to know what your opinions are on the Purolator PureOne's anti-drain back valve. Is is a good design?
When I have removed the Toyota filter, quite a bit of oil comes out, indicating that the ADBV works pretty well.

I've never... NEVER had a problem with a P1 ADBV. I've had a couple of Wix that drained back, but never a P1. That's the one thing that now steers me in the direction of P1 more often than Wix, because I like some aspects of Wix construction a bit better otherwise.

Same experience as others, use with confidence. Reduced tge cold start clatter on my Acura by a noticeable amount. Using a quality syn along with P1 has pretty much eliminated the clatter unless its REALLY REALLY cold overnight.

Originally Posted By: SOHCman
What year vehicle? There was a TSB for cold start Clatter/noise for 09-10 I believe. http://www.empirepao.com/?page=tech

The pure one is an excellent filter with a premium ADBV. Either would serve you well.

My Corolla is a 1999; but thanks for posting the link anyway!

Originally Posted By: synthetic_crazy
What year vehicle? There was a TSB for cold start Clatter/noise for 09-10 I believe. http://www.empirepao.com/?page=tech

The pure one is an excellent filter with a premium ADBV. Either would serve you well.

Do the 99's have VVT ? My vibe has the 1.8 VVT-I and I have heard that replacing the VVT oil passage filter can clear up some rattle associated with the VVT mechanism on the end of the cam. Its a tiny little filter behind a bolt on the radiator side of the head.

Hope you get it figured out!

Originally Posted By: synthetic_crazy

Do the 99's have VVT ? My vibe has the 1.8 VVT-I and I have heard that replacing the VVT oil passage filter can clear up some rattle associated with the VVT mechanism on the end of the cam. Its a tiny little filter behind a bolt on the radiator side of the head.

Hope you get it figured out!

They went to the VVT in 2000; mine is the last year without it.

I just changed the oil tonight and decided upon the Purolator PureOne. I am anxious to see if the cold start chatter is lessened this winter with the P1. I'll post my findings.

I believe the Denso-branded (rather than Toyota-branded) aftermarket filters have the silicon ADBV's. You could always go that route if you want to stay with the OEM manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back