Toyota 90915-YZZF1, Can I use on 03' Corolla?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious about this, I don't know which it takes originally, 1ZZFE.

There's a local guy selling 7 of these filters for $10, or about $1.43/each.

Thanks.

For what application is that filter listed? If it's for the 2.4L 4 cylinder, it should bolt onto your Corolla. (I use the same filter for both my wife's Camry and my Corolla, and I believe the 1ZZFE uses the same filter as the prior 4A and 7A series engines.)

If it's for a V6, then probably not.

I think there are a few Corolla filter topics here, have you tried a search on Corolla in the oil filter section?

They work like a champ! I had a case of them and down to my last 2 or 3.

Run them in the cold and hot. No problems with anything.

I called Toyota and they were spec'd for the 1ZZFE. Normally they are Camry filters.

Take care, Bill

The guy hasn't responded and the ad is gone. Guess he sold them, dang!

Would have loved to add $1.42 filters to the stash.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

I called Toyota and they were spec'd for the 1ZZFE. Normally they are Camry filters.

Is this a recent change? Normally, the 1ZZ-FE calls for the YZZF2 filters. Are they now using the F1 filters on this engine?

Thanks,
Jason

No, I'd say at least 3 years ago.

Called up Toyota (not a stealership) and they said that they were going to the longer filter for all the 4 cyl engines.

I guess they have bounced between the short one and long one over the years. Bought a case of them and like I said down to the last ones.

Good filter never had any problems or bad UOA with them.

Take care, bill

I use these filters all the time on many cars spec'd for the f2, never had a problem. The filter is identical, except that it is a little longer. One of the cars I use it on is a '08 Corolla with a 1ZZ-FE (Same Car), been using them for 2 years with no problems.
Also when I worked at the dealer, we used them on Corolla's, and Camry's with no problems. I currently have one on my friends '97 Camry with a 5S-FE (spec'd for the 90915-YZZF2), I also have one on my uncles 2000 Celica with a 1ZZ-FE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back