Torque angle guage

Anyone use there compass on there phone for torque angles?Cant find an angle guage local unless you order one.No wonder Amazon is so popular.

Calls for 59 lbs then 90 degrees then 60.Just wanted to be as accurate as i can i guess.

Have one of these but only really needed if you're doing repetitive fastening like replacing a head gasket.

51jbihPb4gL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Yeah i just ordered one in in case i can’t borrow something for these head bolts.Have for the future if nothing else.

Serious question. Is it backlit, is that what the hot wire is for?
You’ve got to hold the dial part from turning, that way the pointer ends up moving with the wrench, and the socket.

Mine has a post instead of the clamp, but either way you’ve got to fix the dial so that it doesn’t turn

Calls for 59 lbs then 90 degrees then 60.Just wanted to be as accurate as i can i guess.

FWIW, I think you are overthinking this...
  1. Torque the fastener to 59lbs.
  2. Take your torque wrench and put it at 3 o'clock, turn to 6 o'clock, that's the 90 degrees.
  3. For 60 degrees take the torque wrench off and look at the head. Mark, one point between 2 flats and line up the next point, that's 60 degrees.
I have been doing this type of stuff for many years and never had a torque angle gage...

Just my $0.02

Yeah i’m probably overthinking it ,i guess where the back bolts were recessed i didn’t want to have to screw around with a marker.I tend to be a little fussy on some stuff but i never have a do over either.I do the same thing with our pulling tractors but some times that little extra time pays off.I don’t like to be close i’d rather be right on lol

You’ve got to hold the dial part from turning, that way the pointer ends up moving with the wrench, and the socket.

Mine has a post instead of the clamp, but either way you’ve got to fix the dial so that it doesn’t turn
Cool. Never seen this style before. TIL.

Back