Toro - 621 QZR - snow blower - new purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased a new snow blower this afternoon from HomeDepot's online store.

It's the 621 QZR, 4 cycle. Sounds like they're not making any more 2 cycles? Lets see how this thing functions..

I'll post some pics and review after the first snow.

I'm sure it will be great. I don't think Toro has ever made a dud of a snowblower.

Joel

Originally Posted By: ronbo
Nice blower. Yesterday I walked into a TSC and saw the following single stage 4 cycle Club Cadet and I like the remote up/down and side to side chute control and headlight. link is http://www.snowblowersdirect.com/Images/Cub-Cadet-221LHP/i7146.html

Don't let the gimmicks mislead you. There have been numerous fairly expensive SS machines built and sold that have been disappointments to the purchaser. The only ones I'm aware of that have garnered any respect are the Toros and Honda 621.

Update #1:

This morning I threw in some PP 5w-30 and let it run for ~15 mins or so to let it get to tempurature.

The machine seems to run like a champ. BUT I'm a little disappointed in how the machine was put together.

issue #1: one of the engine mount screw was very loose. I noticed some rattling under the machine and had to break out the hand tools to tighten some screws.

issue #2: The plastic housing does not seem to fit on the machine properly. If you stand behind the machine, the left side of the blower does NOT seem to line up properly. Something is off. The whole plastic housing rattles against the rotary housing.

Each of these items are small, but annoying for what I paid for the thing. I'll make another update when I actually push it through the snow.

The manual indicates automotive 5w-30 is fine, so I'm using PP. Should I be using something else? Opinoins welcome.

Update: I ran the machine again this morning to try and burn up some of the gas, and I found a gold'ish bolt on the floor, under the machine.

I have to try and find where it came from.. I'm starting to think this may have not been the best purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back