tire treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any tire dressing/detailers that dry? I live on a long gravel drive, so the wet silicon holds dirt. Dupont and some other product ? jet? i can no longer find? suggestions?

Optimum Opti-Bond should work well for you. It does not stay slick.

Last edited:
I use "Tuf Shine" tire clearcoat. After using this product, I threw all of my other tire stuff away. It last a very long time and is completely dry. Just be sure to clean your tires with a dedicated tire cleaner very well prior to use.

Last edited:
303 Aerospace Protectant is not greasy and fairly low-shine. Works great on the interior and around the house, too.

I use a product made by Zep called "zeprenew". It is an old-fashioned rubber dressing somewhat similar to RuGlyde. I bought several gallons years ago when I owned a service station. (Anybody old enough to remember those?) I don't think they make it anymore. Point is, it's a natural product, primarily glycerin. No silicone. You apply it to a clean tire and let it soak in overnight. The next morning, the tire has is completely dry and has a soft, low-gloss sheen just like a new tire. That's the look that I like. There are non-silicone tire dressings out there, you just have to look for them. I ran across a professional detailers' blog that had a lot of info on this, might be of some help with the magic of Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back