Tire Recommendation for 2007 Saturn Vue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
What about Kelly Nav golds?

Belle Tire, who used to sell a lot of Kelly tires, didn't have them. The Assistant Manager said that they're selling the Dunlops in their place. Maybe that's just at the one store near me.

Originally Posted By: barlowc
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
For about $10 per tire more I would choose Kumho Solus KR21 over Kumho Solus KH16, treadwear of KR21 is 680 while KH16 is only 440.

The Kumho KR21 only got a fair (i.e. half-black circle) by Consumer Reports, so I question whether they'd be a good choice for Michigan and our winters.

Plus they get hard in the cold....not worth it...

Originally Posted By: barlowc
What about Kelly Nav golds?

Belle Tire, who used to sell a lot of Kelly tires, didn't have them. The Assistant Manager said that they're selling the Dunlops in their place. Maybe that's just at the one store near me.

The Dunlops would still be good....I had pretty good luck with mine...

Depending on where you live, GY places would be a good choice, or an Indy tire shop, which I'm finding can do better than the big chains..

I would look for a tire that was designed for crossovers.

Goodyear Fortera Tripletred appears to be the only premium tire that fits into that category.

The new Goodyear Assurance Comfortred Touring may also be a good choice, as would the Michelin Primacy MXV4 you mentioned.

Depending on where you live, GY places would be a good choice, or an Indy tire shop, which I'm finding can do better than the big chains.

I live in Farmington Hills. I paid a visit to the Goodyear store on Middlebelt in Livonia. There, the price on the Dunlop was higher than at Belle Tire. The Assurance Fuel Max was going to be somewhere around $575. And the Assurance Comfortred Touring were going to be $660.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
The new Goodyear Assurance Comfortred Touring may also be a good choice

It would, but it didn't make my short list because they'd cost me a lot more than the Michelin Primacy MXV4.

Sears.com is showing $580+ tax, installed, for the ComfortTred Touring

But for the same price I'd rather go with the tried and true Primacy MXV4.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Sears.com is showing $580+ tax, installed, for the ComfortTred Touring

Hmmm, that's the best prices I've seen on those yet. But with MI 6% tax it comes to $610.

Originally Posted By: Geo_Prizm
http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Pontiac_Vibe/photos-exterior/

21.gif

Hmmm...sears will price match though.

Depending on where you are in FH, you could try Uncle Ken's Tires on Telegraph Rd. They are a Goodyear retailer, and often have the best prices around...

OP Update: I ended up pulling the trigger on a set of Michelin Primacy MXV4. They cost me $605 out-the-door (after the $70 MIR), which includes installation, lifetime rotations/balancing/flat-repairs, etc.

I decided to go with what’s arguably the best all-season tire available in the Grand Touring All-Season category. In the TireRack.com reviews, the Michelin Primacy MXV4 really stands out. It was also rated #1 in its category by Consumer Reports in their November 2009 review of tires.

Good choice, it costs a little extra up front but it will lasted a long time provided that you keep the tires at 2-6 PSI above placard and rotate every 5-10k miles.

My LS400 eats tires like chicken pie, no tire but Michelin Harmony lasted more than 30k miles. The Michelin Harmony was on the car for more than 70k miles and still has about 4/32" tread remaining, it seems it will be down to 2/32" after another 10-15k miles.

OP Update: Over the weekend, I had the set of Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires that I purchased three months ago put on, finally. What a difference!!! The ride is so much quieter and more comfortable. I'm very pleased with my choice.

Firestone Destination LE!!!! Had them on a 2008 AWD Chevy Equinox and they performed flawlessly in our NH winter weather. I have run those tires on my last 2 4WD trucks with the same success.

Excellent ride, quiet, great bad weather traction, wear very well, and affordable.

Of the ones you listed I would only consider the Michelins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back