Time for a New Coffee Maker

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to ditch our Keurig as I'm sick of paying the per cup cost and it's just not as good.

I'm looking at new coffee makers and want one with a thermal carafe, but it seems all the ones I can find are rather picky and if you don't get the lid just right, it will overflow. My concern with a glass carafe is burning the coffee while it sits on warm. I leave between 5a and 6a and my wife or mother in law isn't ready for coffee until 730-800a.

Is the burned coffee a legit concern? I'd rather not goof with a super picky lid, not the best thing to wake up to in the morning.

Any suggestions for a nice coffee maker?

Coffee looses its flavor after being brewed and kept warm. Just make a cup for yourself.

Originally Posted By: racer12306
We are going to ditch our Keurig as I'm sick of paying the per cup cost and it's just not as good.

I'm looking at new coffee makers and want one with a thermal carafe, but it seems all the ones I can find are rather picky and if you don't get the lid just right, it will overflow. My concern with a glass carafe is burning the coffee while it sits on warm. I leave between 5a and 6a and my wife or mother in law isn't ready for coffee until 730-800a.

Is the burned coffee a legit concern? I'd rather not goof with a super picky lid, not the best thing to wake up to in the morning.

Any suggestions for a nice coffee maker?

Do you have one of these for your Keurig? I paid $7 for mine in-store awhile back:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/pr...lter/1014048278

My Mr coffee has a thermal carafe available, but I just pour a cup from the glass pot, then pour the rest in a carafe we've had for years and it stays hot and keeps the fresh brewed flavor for hours.

Krups all the way. I had a 5 year old one until someone put a candle on top and brewed a pot. I tried to clean the wax out for months, now we have a brand new one.

Thanks for all the information.

I'd be for a cup of strong coffee, but my wife prefers the lighter varieties.

For a strong coffee nothing is better than a good espresso machine. Actually, a good espresso machine can make a strong cup and also a lighter cup by letting it run a littler longer.

I have 2 espresso machines the last 20+ years, there is no other coffee maker can do a cup of coffee as good.

My favorite, so far, is a cup of cowboy coffee. French press is my second favorite. In my case, I rarely make it at home, but when I do it's just for me and only one cup. I weaned myself from creamer and sugar a long time ago. Not for everyone, I realize.

Yeah, I can't get away from the clutches of the keurig machine.

It is too easy and I only drink one cup per day.

Have yet to find one that tastes good yet though, all are just ok.

We just use a french press, and just leave it in there if one of us is going to have some later, then microwave it to heat it up.
For what a french press costs, you could try it anyways. My Dad was converted from a machine after trying one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back