Threadlocker spray?

I have a couple of oil pan bolts that are vibrating loose. I cannot reach them by hand, only by using a thin 1/4 inch extension and socket in between the oil pan and bellhousing plate. I think that if I remove them completely, it will be difficult to get the threads started again.

If there were a sprayable threadlocker, I would back them off enough to expose some threads but not enough to take them completely out, spray the threads, and then tighten them back up. But I do not believe such a product exists?

I have a couple of oil pan bolts that are vibrating loose. I cannot reach them by hand, only by using a thin 1/4 inch extension and socket in between the oil pan and bellhousing plate. I think that if I remove them completely, it will be difficult to get the threads started again.

If there were a sprayable threadlocker, I would back them off enough to expose some threads but not enough to take them completely out, spray the threads, and then tighten them back up. But I do not believe such a product exists?
Problem with sprayable Loctite is, it would be good for ONE USE only! Then the nozzle would be permanently clogged. Put some Loctite on a Q-Tip & use that to get it on the threads!

Back