Thread for photos that 100% do not violate any Terms Of Service, not political, not too lewd, no gas price pics etc.

Hey I gave @AutoMechanic his New Year's resolution to get that thing going this year. He's got 5 months left 🤣

Seriously though, Beetle parts are insanely cheap on RockAuto.
It requires time lol. I’ve got boxes and boxes of parts just no time. My goal was to work on it this week since it’s my vacation week but it hasn’t happened yet and it’s not going to got too busy. Detailing friends cars and my cars today and tomorrow. Never know I might pop the cover off and give the Beetle a fresh wash and wax job though.

Another day of play
IMG-0309.jpg

IMG_4606.jpeg

Moms car. She wanted new headlight bulbs put in but pops bought the high beam bulbs instead of low beam so we are going to switch both of them high beam and low beam lol. She will be blinding people before too long haha. I’m going to detail it up all nice and clean for her tomorrow or Saturday. She took it through my work car wash but it doesn’t do that great it’s one of those ones you drive thru. 3/4 of all her tires have a small patch of tire shine it completely missed the rest of the tires lol. And the spray on wax they have doesn’t last long. Great money maker for my dealership but you can’t beat a hand washing and detailing. This car is a 2017 with 50,000 on the clock. Mom is very protective of it and checks it over everyday for scratches. She offered to pay some on the detailing stuff but I told her I’d cover it all since it was for all the vehicles anyway. It’s going to look great. I’m wanting to learn how to use a clay bar so I’ll be watching videos on that.

@paulo57509 I took La Honda Road from San Gregorio to Skyline and at the intersection of Skyline and Pagemill I turned right on Alpine Road and stopped at the first trail parking lot to check out Alpine Pond. Then took Pagemill Road north-east. Montebello Road is gated and looks like a private road. Montebello should be at least partially accessible from the other end because there is the Picchetti vinery. Didn't want to possibly trespass so proceeded on Pagemill. Eventually got on 280 North.

Going south on 1, Linda Mar Beach.
07202301.jpg

Still on 1, approaching Devils Slide and the tunnel.
07202302.jpg

La Honda Road
07202303.jpg

Alpine Pond at Skyline and Pagemill Road.
07202304.jpg

Crossing under Alpine Road on the way to the parking lot from the pond.
07202306.jpg

Pagemill Road
07202307.jpg

Silicon Valley in the distance
07202308.jpg

07202309.jpg

On 280 going north. Many cars were going over 100 mph.
07202310.jpg

Last edited:
Moms car. She wanted new headlight bulbs put in but pops bought the high beam bulbs instead of low beam so we are going to switch both of them high beam and low beam lol. She will be blinding people before too long haha.
If it has a separate bulb for low and high beams (different bulb numbers), I don't think you can swap positions because of the design of the bulb base.

@paulo57509 I took La Honda Road from San Gregorio to Skyline and at the intersection of Skyline and Pagemill I turned right on Alpine Road and stopped at the first trail parking lot to check out Alpine Pond. Then took Pagemill Road north-east. Montebello Road is gated and looks like a private road. Montebello should be at least partially accessible from the other end because there is the Picchetti vinery. Didn't want to possibly trespass so proceeded on Pagemill. Eventually got on 280 North.

Going south on 1, Linda Mar Beach.
07202301.jpg

Still on 1, approaching Devils Slide and the tunnel.
07202302.jpg

La Honda Road
07202303.jpg

Alpine Pond at Skyline and Pagemill Road.
07202304.jpg

Crossing under Alpine Road on the way to the parking lot from the pond.
07202306.jpg

Pagemill Road
07202307.jpg

Silicon Valley in the distance
07202308.jpg

07202309.jpg

On 280 going north. Many cars were going over 100 mph.
07202310.jpg
The image of Pagemill Rd; there's a parking lot you just passed (Montebello Open Space) where I used to hike. The first time, I somehow got off the trail and ended up real close to Skyline. Followed the fence line back to the parking lot. Was a lot longer hike than planned.

Back