Thoughts on Super Tech?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does the manual or Oil Life monitor say and what is the nature of the service? Short trips? Long trips?

I would say that 70% of trips are over 20min. I follow OLM in a car, it usually around 8-9k miles when it says to change oil

I would say that 70% of trips are over 20min. I follow OLM in a car, it usually around 8-9k miles when it says to change oil
then your OLM sounds right on with any oil that meets the specs.

There is a meme, and Not To speaking of facebook memes bit rather of the classic sense, meaning group think on bitog, that confirms biases of perhaps conservative intervals With GDI and TGDI engines. Certain engines maybe with Hyundais and maybe with Honda may have problems. But risk doesn’t seem to high for average owners.
The question becomes, is it really a risk to follow the owners manual?

They are doing what they're told to do. What are you about?
I worked retail through college. Never stood around. Certainly never complained of getting screwed. My son works at Wally world. He works hard and gets paid well for the type of work he does. He loves it. I've not heard him complain, either. Then again, he doesn't feel a sense of entitlement to anything. Go figure.

You guys are killing me with these ST threads. It's a fact that these ST threads pop up what seems to be once a day (exaggerating of course). Anyways, use it and trust it with confidence. I'm using the Costco Kirkland packaged oil right now in both my vehicles (both Kirkland and Supertech from the same supplier). One of my vehicles is a 2017 Mazda 6 (direct injection and stock) and the other is a 2010 Lexus IS-F (dual direct injection/port injection, V8, full bolt ons + tune and is not an F-Sport 4cyl or V6 model). Both vehicles are running fine and are daily driven.

There's nothing wrong with long running brand oils like Mobil 1, Pennzoil, Valvoline, etc, nor is there any issues with boutique oils such as Amsoil, Renewable Lubricants, etc. Now, many different oils manufacturers do have different forumaltions and some contain more Molyb than others and such such, but most of the people on here have a basic daily driven vehicle to get them from point A to B. If I were to take my Lexus IS-F to the track, sure I would use a different oil that would withstand the abuse in those conditions as well as tires, brake rotors and pads but on the typical road, going to and from work, grocery shopping, etc., Kirkland/Supertech has served me fine. Hell, Mobil 1 gave me that typical lifter tick you hear about in many other cars in my IS-F and my previous Toyotas and that's why I stopped using them. Pennzoil Platinum worked perfectly in my IS-F and was quiet but thinned out in about a year when I changed it and my engine started getting more noisy. I haven't done a UOA yet but plan on doing that with the current Kirkland 5W-30 that's in it.

20210814_174929.jpg
20210814_174936.jpg
20210508_101747.jpg

Last edited:
not to give any ideas but.....one needs to buy many small inexpensive items and hide the expensive item ya did not pay for amongst them at self-check. At the door voluntarily give up the receipt. If found looks like an honest mistake. Chances are ya will be waved by...,

Not to give any ideas but you did anyway. Why even bring this up?

Not to give any ideas but you did anyway. Why even bring this up?
Yea...sometimes I just like to read my stuff..I did have a thought that I shudda not but...there it is...

...as I remember someone brought up getting stopped at the door and I was replying to that...

I have never been asked by a wally employee to see my receipt when leaving and never seen anyone else get asked, hmmm, I may have to act suspicious next time and see what happens.
They check receipts on the way out every day in NY/NJ Walmarts...and it's understandable with some of the riffraff coming and going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back