Thinking buying a firearm - I’m in Texas - Where do I start first

As growing up . My family are again gun or anything to do with weapon . I never Thought about owning a gun . My main point is . To protect my family .

I’m in Texas . I want to get to a gun safety class . Get to know how to use a gun . Get training . Get Licence to buy a gun . Get Licence to carry a gun ( in my car mostly ) . Properly in glove box or arm rest box .

I have few friend that I know carry gun in their truck . I don’t want ask them cause they might have some bad though lol .

where do I go first ? Thanks .

sorry idk if this question allow here . If not mod can delete it .

I’m in Texas
1615936008522.jpg

Does Texas require a license just to own a firearm ? I doubt it . Concealed carry is a different thing . Whatever you do , get some firearms training . Go to a range and rent a few different guns to see what you like . Or , find somebody with a good variety that can help you out .

Does Texas require a license just to own a firearm ? I doubt it . Concealed carry is a different thing . Whatever you do , get some firearms training . Go to a range and rent a few different guns to see what you like . Or , find somebody with a good variety that can help you out .
In short - do it by the book :)

Go online and look for training classes near you. Sign up and take the course. Many times your local police department or sheriff’s office offer training courses. You don’t need a license to buy a gun. You do need a concealed carry license in some circumstances. If you are convicted felon, forget about it.

TX have License to Carry, which means you can carry openly except in a lot of places, they display a sign to prohibit it.

You don't need the license to buy except, if you have license, it will be faster to buy the gun.
After you passed the class, you need to schedule a time to go for fingerprinting.
Then you can send in the paperwork.
Yes, you need to practice a little bit to pass the shooting test.

Most gun range have a course which cover just about anything.
They will also rent you a pistol to practice
Then you can go to the range and start practicing after the class.
Youtube have a lot of good instruction to get you started.

Here is the link to the rules:

TX have License to Carry, which means you can carry openly except in a lot of places, they display a sign to prohibit it.

You don't need the license to buy except, if you have license, it will be faster to buy the gun.
After you passed the class, you need to schedule a time to go for fingerprinting.
Then you can send in the paperwork.
Yes, you need to practice a little bit to pass the shooting test.

Most gun range have a course which cover just about anything.
They will also rent you a pistol to practice
Then you can go to the range and start practicing after the class.
Youtube have a lot of good instruction to get you started.

Here is the link to the rules:
I will take a look at it

Back