The search for a vehicle is over.

We had a 2016 Mazda3 Sport. I spotted a 2019 CX-5 during the depths of Co....darker blue, slightly different black spoke wheels in 17".
It has the same NA engine. The 6 speed transmission is a gem shifts smoothly.
I prefer your black grill piece to our chrome one.
Best of luck with it.
The dealership keeps sending us offers to "newgrade".

We had a 2016 Mazda3 Sport. I spotted a 2019 CX-5 during the depths of Co....darker blue, slightly different black spoke wheels in 17".
It has the same NA engine. The 6 speed transmission is a gem shifts smoothly.
I prefer your black grill piece to our chrome one.
Best of luck with it.
The dealership keeps sending us offers to "newgrade".

Yes, the 6-speed is great! I'm glad that Mazda has stuck with it.

Jonah-Hill-Fist-Pump-on-the-Phone.gif

Well, I got to know him back when everybody said the same thing because they knew that I was a Dodge / Chrysler guy. We’re good to go. 😉😂
Mopar people seem to gravitate towards Mazda it seems 🤔 my parents were dodge/chrysler exclusively since 2007 after getting rid of the 1994 Civic for a Caliber. After that they gave my sister the then 10 year old Caliber that refused to die or otherwise break (okay okay… an idler pulley and crank position sensor failed at 155k and they missed the extended warranty on a subframe rust issue that they shelled out $1,000 to replace) they got a 2020 CX-5 to replace it and LOVE it.

Nice car and nice color. I agree about replacing the tires. If it would have been me I’d have tried to bargain with them to replace them for free before it drove off the lot lol. You would not believe how many times we have to do that at my dealership in order to sell a car. And we do it too because it’s easy to sell the takeoffs at a discount and you can make a profit on them still. Dealerships will do anything to sell a car these days. We had one customer who would not drive off the lot and made us drain the factory fill out and fill it with Royal Purple oil because he didn’t want anything else in it haha 😂. Gotta bargain man.

I have no issue with what you chose. I am curious though. Is it me or is there a dearth of old Mazda's on the road? I see every other make/model it seems that are at least a decade old or older still motoring around. Can't say the same for Mazda's. Maybe it is just where I live but even so it is strange.

Nice car but what the heck happened to your lawn?
LOL. If that is shocking to you don’t swing by to look at my lawn. Not a fan of yard work and don’t like to waste (that is right, I suggested an obligatory BITOG “what-a-waste”) money on watering and fertilizing it.

Pretty grass is meaningless to me. I’ve heard some say you can tell a lot about a man by his yard… well, I say to that we probably shouldn’t hold manhood so cheaply.

I have no issue with what you chose. I am curious though. Is it me or is there a dearth of old Mazda's on the road? I see every other make/model it seems that are at least a decade old or older still motoring around. Can't say the same for Mazda's. Maybe it is just where I live but even so it is strange.

I think some of it boils down to the fact that the dealership network isn’t as prevalent as others, therefore the numbers sold are nowhere near that of other makes. That, and Ford nearly brought them to their knees before they broke away, but that’s just my opinion, nothing factual.
I will say that you can find a ton of high mileage Mazda 3’s running around down here. My daughter has a 2011 Mazda 3 with the 2.0l that has 150k and she still loves it.

I thought you may not have had rain in a month or something, hence the total absence of green. Around here the grass still has some green even after many frosts. Weird.

View attachment 193523
Fescue stays green year around but requires more water vs Bermuda. Typically seen in up north.
Bermuda turns brown during winter but requires less water and is more drought tolerant.

There's a lot of Bermuda grass in my lawn and as soon as we get a frost, it's gone dormant and turns brown.
Thats not even his yard(in his pic).. just take a pic from someone else's yard and tell him there you go.

I do like that color. I preferred the cx-50. Motortrend and a few other mags all say there is more passenger room in the cx-5
However I'm not convinced they aren't doing a remote review of cars from their keyboards sometimes.

We went this last Saturday and picked up a 2024 Mazda CX50 for my wife. We were trying to figure out if we were going to find a vehicle for my son and have her keep on driving the Chrysler, or get her a new one and give the Chrysler to him.
I figured that the Chrysler is pushing 160k trouble free miles at this point, so why not get her a new one and give the Chrysler to him, as was our original plan.
My thinking was that she’s gonna get a new one a few years down the road anyway, so why spend money on a vehicle for him and still end up buying a new one shortly thereafter. 🤔
Anyway, it’s a 2024 CX50 S premium package (all of the nanny’s and tech) in Ingot Blue with the N/A 2.5. If we were at high elevation, I may have gone with the Turbo, but it’s not needed down here. This N/A 2.5 feels more than adequate.
I also skipped on the package with the 20” wheels, I like more rubber (sidewall) as we can take it down some rougher roads without worrying about bent rims.

Great choice, love the color. (y)

2.5L engine with 6 speed auto transmission is a great combo, use premium gas cause non turbo Skyactiv engines are high compression. Auto transmission is in the correct gear 99% of the time.

Oil drain plug and filter location are easy to get to.
ATF drain plug location makes drain & refills very simple.

No need for 20 inch wheels on this Mazda. You would have regretted the ride with 20 inch wheels if you had gone with bigger wheels / low profile tires.

Last edited:
Back