The return of Havoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: stp44
Just checked both the Chevron and the Havoline web sights and nothing about this. You would think if this happened on Jan 1 it would be in the news.

Havoline oil

Originally Posted By: ruxCYtable
Here is a pic of the bottle from their website

img_motor_oils_dep_shield_10W30_w177_h349.jpg

I bought some Havoline dino 5w-20 SN a few months back. It did not have the little Chevron logo on the bottle, however, all of the 5w-30 and 10w-30 bottles did. I wonder why this was?

Originally Posted By: mount
Originally Posted By: Nodak
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
I'm surprised either oil is still around...

Havoline is still quite popular up here in the north country-- decent dino at a fair price.

Tru dat homes.

Looks like Havoline is getting alot of love from the Dakotas.

Yea!--I think the use of Havoline in our country goes back to the previous generation and the one before that. Many of the old-timers swore by the stuff as it was used on the farms. My father used it quite a bit along with Valvoline. I too have used both for quite a while, but now giving QSGB a go.-- I haven't seen the Havoline synthetic up here anywhere in the Dakotas though. Anybody in the north country had a glimpse of it? Would like to give that a try for sure.

Last edited:
How do you guys pronounce Havoline?

Havo lin? or Havo lean?

I always pronounced it Havo lin.

Hav-o-Lin
Val-vo-Lean

Don't know why, but the way I've always heard it and said it.

When I worked at a major retailer in the 80's in South Dakota, the one oil sale we knew would keep us hopping was when Havoline went on sale. We had the usual assortment of major players, but Havoline was by far the best seller.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Hav-o-Lin
Val-vo-Lean

When I worked at a major retailer in the 80's in South Dakota, the one oil sale we knew would keep us hopping was when Havoline went on sale. We had the usual assortment of major players, but Havoline was by far the best seller.

There ya go!!!

Originally Posted By: Nodak
I haven't seen the Havoline synthetic up here anywhere in the Dakotas though. Anybody in the north country had a glimpse of it? Would like to give that a try for sure.

I've never seen a bottle of synthetic Havoline in my life. I wish they'd make it available; I'd be all over that.

We always pronounce it "Have-a-lean".

My friend's father (a Ford mechanic) swears by 10W-30 Havoline in everything from pickups to their new Charger. In the winter even too.

Originally Posted By: Klutch9

I bought some Havoline dino 5w-20 SN a few months back. It did not have the little Chevron logo on the bottle, however, all of the 5w-30 and 10w-30 bottles did. I wonder why this was?

Probably a transitional phase between the time when Chevron took the rights to the name Havoline in the USA...it was probably a legal issue.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Hav-o-Lin
Val-vo-Lean

Correct

+1

Originally Posted By: 91344George
Originally Posted By: Klutch9
Havoline dino 5w-20 SN ... did not have the little Chevron logo on the bottle, however, all of the 5w-30 and 10w-30 bottles did. I wonder why this was?
Probably a transitional phase between the time when Chevron took the rights to the name Havoline in the USA...it was probably a legal issue.
Definitely not. Chevron got the Havoline trademark long ago when Chevron and Texaco merged.

Just checked the stock of oil on our shelf. Some of it has the Texaco logo, the newer stock has the Chevron logo. Having a huge sale on the remaining bottles of Texaco branded Havoline as a momento, $25/quart while supplies last (LOL)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back