Terrible day for law enforcement in Charlotte, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killed were a deputy U.S. Marshal and two officers of a Federal Fugitive Task Force, with five other officers wounded. The U.S. needs to build more jails and prisons for violent recidivist offenders.

Last edited:

Killed were a deputy U.S. Marshal and two officers of a Federal Fugitive Task Force, with five other officers wounded. The U.S. needs to build more jails and prisons.

Not only does the US need more jail/prison cells it needs more judges that are willing to put people in them when they commit violent crimes and/or are repeat offenders.

We also need more nuclear power plants to power our future especially if it's EV heavy.

Neither of those things are going to happen any time soon.

Killed were a deputy U.S. Marshal and two officers of a Federal Fugitive Task Force, with five other officers wounded. The U.S. needs to build more jails and prisons.
I'm thinking that in some situations, warrants could be better served with less chance of major violence while the wanted person was out and about (while being surveilled by law enforcement) instead of showing up at the person's residence. There have been several cases of this over the years (David Koresh e. g. (Waco incident 1993) was known to go into town on occasion) where this type of warrant service could have possibly prevented loss of life as opposed to showing up at the wanted persons residence/home. Not to mention several innocent people have been killed over the years as a result of law enforcement showing up at wrong address at odd hours to serve a warrant . Waking people up in the wee hours to serve a warrant is not always the best idea either, especially if it is the wrong person at the wrong address. Most people are going to be disoriented, on edge, and wary if awaken from a slumber by person(s) unknown. If they have a firearm at bedside, things can happen very quickly.

Last edited:
These arrest situations usually succeed without incident due to the element of surprise. When armed suspects know you're coming or see you coming, it's a different story.
It seems the surprise element was somewhat lacking in this case, resulting in an unsuccessful warrant service/arrest, not to mention several fatalities.

Last edited:
Says the shooter was killed so that wouldn't do anything here. Don't they wear bullet proof gear in these situations?

Sure, I'll let you put on my gear and I get to shoot at you.

It doesn't cover everything, nor will it stop everything that hits it.

If you wore enough to stop everything you wouldn't be able to move.

Last edited:
Who was the perp? I cant find any pictures of this person.
Of course we wont. The media is determined to have us "not offend" the criminals.
At the same time they could care less about the victims , the LEOs who gave their lives to protect the rest of us.
Media also never seems to care about the vicitms familes either.

I'm thinking that in some situations, warrants could be better served with less chance of major violence while the wanted person was out and about (while being surveilled by law enforcement) instead of showing up at the person's residence. There have been several cases of this over the years (David Koresh e. g. (Waco incident 1993) was known to go into town on occasion) where this type of warrant service could have possibly prevented loss of life as opposed to showing up at the wanted persons residence/home. Not to mention several innocent people have been killed over the years as a result of law enforcement showing up at wrong address at odd hours to serve a warrant . Waking people up in the wee hours to serve a warrant is not always the best idea either, especially if it is the wrong person at the wrong address. Most people are going to be disoriented, on edge, and wary if awaken from a slumber by person(s) unknown. If they have a firearm at bedside, things can happen very quickly.
Then you get to have a shootout at the grocery store, on the road, etc. That's a pretty wild alternative. No thanks. Instead, officers risk their lives with the hopeful element of surprise so the rest of us just read about these situations.

Mankind is inherently evil.

It is very tragic and sad. It is already hard to staff police departments as it is. Losing so many is a terrible thing.

Killed were a deputy U.S. Marshal and two officers of a Federal Fugitive Task Force, with five other officers wounded. The U.S. needs to build more jails and prisons for violent recidivist offenders.
Not only does the US need more jail/prison cells it needs more judges that are willing to put people in them when they commit violent crimes and/or are repeat offenders.

We also need more nuclear power plants to power our future especially if it's EV heavy.

Neither of those things are going to happen any time soon.

The US has the highest incarceration rate in the world. The problem is cultural.

Seems pretty high risk to me, firearm possession by a felon in broad daylight, seems like that would be a SWAT thing. 4 of 8 dead doesn't lead me to believe this was a run of the mill felon.

Some folks do not realize the real causes of many of these incidents.... 99% of them involve repeat offenders with nothing to lose so they try to take as many innocents and LEOs with them. They know they will either die in streets or go back to the grey rock hotels they belong in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back