SuperTech HM ATF compatible with Maxlife ATF?

AZjeff

$50 Site Donor 2023
Wanted to do 2 drain/fills on the 02 Xterra, it takes 4.5 qts so I'm 1 quart short for the second one and Wally doesn't have any Maxlife quarts. Okay to use a quart of ST HM? Says compatible with Dexron III/Mercon. Stopped at AZ and they have a quart of Maxlife for $12...:oops:

Looks like MaticD or DexIII spec for the Xterra. ST HM atf says

"Recommended for automatic transmissions requiring DEXRON®-II, DEXRON®-III, and MERCON® fluids."

I think you'd be fine.

It does say Matic D or Dex III. Valvoline and Castrol make straight up Dex III and is wicked cheap. Drain and refill every 25k miles and you're transmission will love you. Change the filter every other d/r. I've always been leery to put synthetic in a trans that is specd for older Dex III.

Wanted to do 2 drain/fills on the 02 Xterra, it takes 4.5 qts so I'm 1 quart short for the second one and Wally doesn't have any Maxlife quarts. Okay to use a quart of ST HM? Says compatible with Dexron III/Mercon. Stopped at AZ and they have a quart of Maxlife for $12...:oops:
It will work fine. Had to replace the shift shaft seal on my brother 97 K1500 last year, which required me to drop the pan. About a year before that I had done a full fluid exchange and filter swap using MaxLife ATF. Yet there were no MaxLife gallons to be found when I was going to do that seal replacement. So I bought some ST Dex/Mec and used it as the leak was too much to continue driving it. There hasn't been an issue with the transmission since and the truck has about 250K on it.

If you're still concerned, use a 1/2 quart of the SuperTech per refill to have an even lower concentration

Back