Super Tech ST3387A Oil Filter Cutaway Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome, sayjac.

addyguy: To be fair, the controversial end cap material in Fram Orange Cans is a cellulose-fiber media, and was probably well-researched and can do an adequate job for many people in their applications of it.

It's just my personal preference to have steel end caps. Call it a quirk, if you like. It doesn't make me sleep better at night, as you can see from some of my BITOG posting times, but it seems worth the extra 83¢, to me anyway.

The STP filters for my bimmer are canister type and have felt and plastic end caps. And they are not cheap at $13.

Quote:
The STP filters for my bimmer are canister type and have felt and plastic end caps. And they are not cheap at $13.
Apples to apples, I was referring to standard ST sold at Wally World for many apps. Example #7317 which sells for ~$2.80 every day. OCoD ~$4.50-$5.50 same app.

Originally Posted By: OilNerd
Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
I cut open a used e-core that was identical to this, same size (3387A) and everything and it held up great and I was actually impressed with it. The ADBV stuck to the endcaps fine and I didn't notice any distortion or possible leaks. The filter in the picture on the box looks just like an e-core, hence the strong nylon cage.

Do you have a link to the thread? I'd like to those photos out. (I'm a noob and still getting used to finding things on BITOG) Never heard of e-core is it a private label brand?

I'll have to cut open a used Super Tech filter and see how it holds up. My upcoming OCI's on my van are going to be abbreviated due to Auto-RX sludge removal applications.

Sorry, I lost track of this thread. Here you go:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...rue#Post1555471

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Does have alot of filter media...........:)

What I have noticed about the e-core design is the pleats are not as deep as other filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back