Super Tech ST 2 virgin oil filter CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I "think" the different colors on those combo's denote different "bypass" ratings. The colored ones are not all that common, most of them are black. All the ones I have used and cut (and admit I had no trouble with) were black. They seemed stiff to me as well, but as far as I could tell worked just fine in actual service.

All the black one's I used were for the Jeep which generally specs a bypass in the 12-14 psi range. Do you happen to know what your filter bypass spec is supposed to be?

Mine was ST4386 which usually specs 12-14 psi on other brands. I also thought later the green may be for bypass identity.

I am not even going to use these filters.

Ask 500 people on the street what kind of adbv their oil filters have, none will know and probably 50 will run away. Some may call 911. In my family some will smile, others will stare with no expression. They probably want to call 911.

Well it doesn't sound like the color has anything to do with bypass spec then. Perhaps they are to differentiate different base plate sizes that need to be fit properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back