Stellantis negative sentiment

Beauty is in the eye of the eye of the beholder.

Stellantis brands are consistently at the bottom of the CR quality list, for what that's worth. That has a large impact on many people's opinions of products, whether an individual agrees with it or not. Anyone can have a great or bad experience with one single unit, but the propensity for problems runs deep with those brands.
Curious, where's H/K on the list?

Stellantis is not smiled upon much here. I never understood that sentiment. Anyone can make a case againt any manufacturer if they want too, but Stellantis gets the worst of it. This morning on Bloomberg TV I noticed the one year returns for the 3. As follows, F 10.07%, GM a nice 22.08%, STLA a whopping 68.54%. Stellantis must be doing something right despite what some think, it seems.
Good for them that they are handling finances a little better. Now they should use some of their profits to pay better vendors and create better QC. They’ve earned their reputation

Reactions: hrv
True, but I'm guessing that Hyundai / KIA is probably worse.
Not even close. Based upon the feedback that CR received from owners of over 330,000 vehicles, these are their latest findings on vehicle brand reliability.

1711025390291.jpg

Not even close. Based upon the feedback that CR received from owners of over 330,000 vehicles, these are their latest findings on vehicle brand reliability.

View attachment 209482
So the brand where we've got multiple threads about engines crapping the bed left, right and centre, is viewed as "more reliable", that's hilarious! 🤡

"What's that poking out of your hood there Rod?"
"Oh, that's just a connecting rod Jim. This car has been extremely reliable!"

View attachment 209482
Owner feedback? My neighbor has Toyota that I can hear 100 yards away how it is clunking, yet she claims she never had issues with the car. I am coming to a point to fix her car so she doesn’t run over kids bcs. something failed. That feedback?

Owner feedback? My neighbor has Toyota that I can hear 100 yards away how it is clunking, yet she claims she never had issues with the car. I am coming to a point to fix her car so she doesn’t run over kids bcs. something failed. That feedback?
Guy at work with the 4Runner that ate exhaust manifolds (and later, stainless aftermarket headers)? Well, it recently "died" (I have no idea what actually happened to it, it was towed out of the lot at work) and he bought an AUDI!!!! The horror!

View attachment 209482

What does "reliability" even mean? Are we talking engine failures, or "my silly phone won't connect via bluetooth"? These reports never have any meaning whatsoever but that doesn't stop many from ogling the number and making completely nonsensenical decisions based off of it.

What does "reliability" even mean? Are we talking engine failures, or "my silly phone won't connect via bluetooth"? These reports never have any meaning whatsoever but that doesn't stop many from ogling the number and making completely nonsensenical decisions based off of it.

You can take any survey results for what you believe it is worth. Like any data, it is up to the observer to choose how to interpret or discount the findings. We ALL have our biases based upon personal experience and will react accordingly. Even here on BITOG, we see avatars and usernames that suggest biases for or against specific brands.

One fact that needs to be considered in any survey or ratings is the inherent nature of humans (in a free society) to complain more about problematic experiences than to complement the lack of problems. As such, surveys may actually be more revealing about the "unreliable" (however you choose to define that descriptor) products than "reliable" products.

You can take any survey results for what you believe it is worth. Like any data, it is up to the observer to choose how to interpret or discount the findings. We ALL have our biases based upon personal experience and will react accordingly. Even here on BITOG, we see avatars and usernames that suggest biases for or against specific brands.

One fact that needs to be considered in any survey or ratings is the inherent nature of humans (in a free society) to complain more about problematic experiences than to complement the lack of problems. As such, surveys may actually be more revealing about the "unreliable" (however you choose to define that descriptor) products than "reliable" products.

I'm not brand loyal in the slightest, despite my avatar. It was just the truck that gave me the most bang for my buck. I'm a huge truck nut and spend more time on various truck brand forums than here on bitog and I can guarantee you that all these trucks have little issues and massive/serious issues and none of them are more reliable than the next.

But according to CR, Ram is more reliable than GMC? Or are all the little SUV's dragging down GMC truck ratings? But why is GMC so much further down vs Chevrolet then when Chevrolet has even more cheap offerings?

How can Chrysler be that much worse than Dodge?

The more you look, the more questions you have.

My experience with Stellantis is very limited and comes from owning a 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan.
One thing I would say as a long term owner, you have to be pro-active with them, similar to the German makes.

Pentastar rocker failure is a good example. If you pay attention and catch it the moment you hear the faint tick, it’s a pretty easy fix, otherwise if you let it go until codes are set, you’re changing the camshafts, and possibly other parts damaged by the metal shavings.

Reactions: hrv
Back