started auto-rx on my 89K mile '00 BMW 540i ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since my engine uses nearly 8 Qt of oil, instead of one bottle of Auto-RX I am using one and 1/2 bottles. For the "cleaning" oil I am using Coastal 5W30 oil (AutoZone) and a new oil filter as per the instructions.

Do I need to drive it any "differently" than normal during this application period?

Thanks for the advice
grin.gif

In my "normal" weekly commute, I seem to average between 17-18 MPG, but of course it varies somewhat depending how much highway is mixed in with the in-city traffic. On the HWY, at a leisure 60-65 MPH, I get about 27-28 if I drive trying to get best mileage.

I will report later on as the treatment continues, and since the filters in the BMW's are cartridge-type, I will try to remember posting pics of how they look like after each oil change during this whole process.

I did two auto-rx treatments on my 95 525i about 1 year ago. I think it is still cleaning. I think it imbeds in sludge and softens it and continues to loosen it. I still find gunk in my oil filters. Even so, I may even do a third treatment next spring.

I think auto-rx is a great product.

Quote:

... on my 95 525i about 1 year ago ...

What a small world. My wife and I had a 1995 525i Auto (White) with 150K miles, which I sold to get into my current used 2000 540i Auto. Although the 525i had a few problems (two related to the water pump and plastic radiator that left my wife stranded each time), everything else was fairly normal maintenance. I bought the 540 from a co-worker, and I sold the 525i to our boss, so I still see the car every day at work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back