Spring Detailing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just stopped out to BigLot's and Ollie's to see what they each have in stock(of closeout products) for detailing on the cheap!

Waxes, tire dressing, interior detail, wheel cleaner etc.

What I found at each store was:

Eagle 1 Tire Shine Gel...23 oz./$3

Nu-Finish CLING Spray...15 oz./$3. Does not dry to a haze. Wipe On/Wipe Off

Rain-X Spray Wax...16 oz./$3. Does not dry to a haze. Wipe On/Wipe Off.

Hay, for $3, if I don't like it, I'll either return it or give it away but, these are the type of products that I am looking for.

I have used these companies other procucts with good success but, has anyone here at Bob's used either these specific Rain-X or the Nu-Finish Products???. They seem as though they'd be easy to use and do what I want them to do which is...quickly shine the paint after washing.

Opinions Please!

Last edited:
I have used the NuFinish Cling spray and it works well on lighter colors and is as good or better than any other srpay wax as far as cost and durability.

On darker colors however, I found it was very difficult to wipe off without hazing and streaking.

The Rainx is great for a quick wax. Brings out the nice deep shine in your paint. About as good as you can get without getting out the buffer.

I was hoping for pictures when I saw the thread title!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: hypervish
I was hoping for pictures when I saw the thread title!
smile.gif

That's a great reminder. I'll have to do something about this
smile.gif

When it comes to certain things, I procrastinate!

I had a $10 gift card to AAP so, I used it on this:
http://eagleone.com/superior-nanowax-spray

I just picked up 2 bottles of Eagle 1 "Superior NANO Wax" in the gray spray bottle, 23oz/$4.99. It has wax in it but, it's not a spray wax that dries to a haze(as compared to paste wax). IMHO, it's more for quick detailing and can be used on most surfaces including exterior Flat Black Painted Surfaces and even glass and moldings.

I am adding this to my Spring Collection of Car Care Cleaning Products as I have a stash of these detail cleaning & polishing products similar to my oil, atf, brake fluid stash. And even my spray lube stash(PB Blaster, Kroil, Liquid Wrench, WD-40 etc). And Brake Cleaner, MAF, Throttle Body cleaners too.

Last edited:
can you compare to the other stuff you have? I am always looking for that elusive deep shine even thought I know nothing in the bottle really determines the deepness of the shine but the amount of actual effort that one puts in doing the paint correction. But sometimes I let my heart led me rather than my brain.

I can't really compare the Eagle 1 One just yet as I haven't tried it but, I will soon!

I really like the Nu-Finish CLING!
I put it on my BLACK 1980 Firebird FORMULA and it made the shine very deep although, there is still that streaking on BLACK Paint that still need to be buffed out with a clean microfiber cloth.

But WOW, what a deep shine and smooth finish(especially the next day!) I don't know that the CLING is better than anything else that I've used in the past but, it did surprise me considering the type of product that it is!

I am assuming that on my other lighter color paints(Pearl White Metalic, Polished Pewter Metalic, Bright Silver Metalic) of our other vehicles that, most products will be the same as-far-as ease of use and a nice clean bright finish while not seeing the streaks as on the BLACK Paint.

I will try the Eagle 1 next and then move to the Rain-X Spray Wax(actually a detail spray). They're all "detail sprays" regardless if they say..."spray wax" on the bottles. These products ARE NOT, liquid waxes(that come in spray bottles) that dry to a haze and have to be buffed off. To be clear, they're DETAIL SPRAYS!

All of these products say that they can be used on multipal surfaces. My concern is with the FLAT BLACK TRIM & Black Plastic Trim! As we all know what can happen if you wax Flat Black...it chalks up and fades terrably. ARRRRRGGGG!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back