Speedaire pneumatic tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Speedaire has a line of Pneumatic tools. Are their impact wrenches any good or should I pass?

The cheapest Speedaire 1/2" [model # 2YRG25] is about $24 more expensive than the cheapest Ingersoll-Rand [model # 236] on Grainger's website.

It will be used daily in my tire store. Currently we are using a Japanese made Craftsman that I bought rebuilt at Sears for $70. It has been used and abused daily for five years, should be breaking any time now. Our backup was a Japanese made Allied Pneumatic which sheared a pin a few weeks ago. I had a machine shop make a new pin, but it only lasted a week. The Allied looks almost identical to the Westward that Grainger sells for $12 more than the Ingersoll-Rand. Snap-On's costs $485, so it is out of the question. I still need to get a quote on a Urrea [Proto], but I probably won't buy an Urrea unless it is less than $2000 pesos due to the curious financial laws here.

DAYTON SPEEDAIRE was a highly respected company today AFAIK its mostly rebranded stuff, some of it like Campbell Hausfeld for the compressors.
If you want a high quality very powerful impact gun for under $200 look no further than the Aircat 1150, it handily beats my old IR 2135Ti Max that cost almost double that when i bought it.

Originally Posted By: Rand
http://www.harborfreight.com/12-in-professional-air-impact-wrench-68424.html

also have 20% or 25% off.. do they ship to mexico.. no idea.

If they do ship it'll probably be very expensive, and the receipt won't work for my Mexican income taxes.

I looked at a Craftsman on sale at the local Sears for about $40 less than the Ingersoll, but it seems Sears' quality gets worse every year. I just don't trust them anymore.

Harbor Freight is why I'm reluctant to buy an Urrea. We have an Urrea [Proto] die grinder that cost about $80 which we have used once or twice a week for five years. My Dad has one that looks exactly the same that he bought on sale at HF for $13. The only difference is that the one from HF has no logo, just a blank circle where it is supposed to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back