Some data destruction

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Had some old hard drives I needed to destroy and my buddy needed to sight-in his new Ruger 10/22 so we made a firing day out of it yesterday.

We put around 600 rounds through the .22 and probably 30 through the old Remington 870 pump 12-gauge.

Shot for the 12 was all over the map. Had some #4, #2, SSG, SSG Magnum, #2 Magnum and one random slug, LOL!

Hard_Drive01.jpg

Hard_Drive02.jpg

Hard_Drive03.jpg

Hard_Drive04.jpg

Nice. I have a couple myself to shoot next time I go out. I'm glad to see there's a WD in the bunch. I've had so many of these fail! Worst hard drives ever.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Are you sure they were sufficiently destroyed?
smile.gif

Yup, LOL! Made sure the platters were shattered in every one! LOL!

There were a pile of Seagate Cheatah 10K 76.4GB drives from one server that took the shots like a champ. It took MANY rounds with the .22 to get them to penetrate
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Are you sure they were sufficiently destroyed?
smile.gif

Yup, LOL! Made sure the platters were shattered in every one! LOL!

There were a pile of Seagate Cheatah 10K 76.4GB drives from one server that took the shots like a champ. It took MANY rounds with the .22 to get them to penetrate
crazy2.gif

shoot, all you had to do with that MAXTOR was try to turn it on if you wanted all the data destroyed
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: NMBurb02
Those hard drives look pretty tough. Did any of the 22s penetrate?

Yes, but it took multiple attempts.

We were skeet-shooting a couple of them (the hand-bomb version) with the 12-gauge where one of us would stand just behind and to the side of the other and spin-throw the drive up like a clay pigeon when the other would yell PULL! It was a LOT of fun!

Originally Posted By: zerosoma
Pic 3 reminds me of the T-1000.

I must say that was the first thing that came into my mind when it happened too, LOL!
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back