So sad, when did being respectful become lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Last edited:
There’s a lesson here about the harsh reality of inserting yourself into a situation that doesn’t involve you.
And shoving that person down in a parking lot, a person who was clearly hot. He probably didn’t deserve to die, but he was not an angel if the article is truthful.

And shoving that person down in a parking lot. He didn’t deserve to die, but he was not an angel if the article is truthful.
None of us know the full story, or both sides of the story. The victim was an attorney and they are trained litigators, so it might be reasonable to assume the attorney knew how to talk to an enraged individual with empathy. The full story may never be known. Murder appears very likely unjustified.

people who show aggressive behavior in public should be avoided at all cost. let the cops deal with them. when i see aggressive people in public, i flee. and i am not joking. i will do everything in my power to stay alive as long as i can. avoiding and fleeing violent people in public. has served me well. i have a friend, one of my best friend who was assassinated in front of his house in Quebec City because he was always meddling in affairs he had no business. he tried to calm a violent man who was armed with a crowbar and he was unarmed. he thought he could solve all of earths problems and he paid with his life. mind your own business. the guy who killed him had mental problems and he was known by the police.

None of us know the full story, or both sides of the story. The victim was an attorney and they are trained litigators, so it might be reasonable to assume the attorney knew how to talk to an enraged individual with empathy. The full story may never be known. Murder appears very likely unjustified.
Your article is not true then? It stated clearly there was physical altercation outside between the two. Certainly video and witnesses were reviewed rather than one-sided testimony from the shooter.

The attorney inserted himself into a situation that was none of his business. To assume that the attorney knows how to talk to an enraged individual with empathy is a stretch.

The victim was an attorney and they are trained litigators, so it might be reasonable to assume the attorney knew how to talk to an enraged individual with empathy.
The story does not portray that:

"Instead of calming down, the gunman turned his attention to Limmer and the pair began to argue. The altercation turned physical as the two went to the parking lot, where Limmer shoved the man to the ground, cops said."

EDIT: However, what some of us are doing here is known as victim blaming, ignoring that the gunman in this case IS the real problem needing attention. It is a very sad story and all we are doing is speculating about an article with limited facts.

Last edited:
Your article is not true then? It stated clearly there was physical altercation outside between the two. Certainly video and witnesses were reviewed rather than one-sided testimony from the shooter.

The attorney inserted himself into a situation that was none of his business. To assume that the attorney knows how to talk to an enraged individual with empathy is a stretch.
Like almost every published media today, their are two sides to every story, and publishers of almost all media are trying to influence rather than inform.

The theme of this post was the loss of being respectful, something that seems to have happened in the USA more and more. Not the validation of the full accuracy of the article. If full accuracy of a story like this was required to be allow publication, nothing would be publishable of a event of this nature, with the victim being killed.

I know of many events over a lifetime where witnesses of a specific event report very conflicting observations.

People have just gone nuts. Locally not more than a couple weeks ago an off duty LEO got into an argument with someone at Chick Fila, and when that someone tried to get in his car and leave the argument, the off duty LEO went to his own car, retrieved his firearm, and shot him dead. There is lots of video around, including the off duties wife trying to get the nutjob to calm down and leave the guy alone.

If a LEO can't stay calm over a chicken sandwich we don't stand a chance. Must be something in the water.

I tell my kids not to go anywhere with a crowd anymore.

We lost a guy at work Friday night. Shot. The guy who did it turned himself in claiming self defense. He had his piece and the deceased's piece, and the story going around is that the deceased was shot with both guns.

The pent-up anger....depth of ignorance.....cheap cowardice....."first punch in" mentality....

A dandy I worked with volunteered to 'make a phone call' for some youthful poor folk whose car had broken down.
They hit him in the face with a chain. He admitted to being too perky.
Learn from the mistakes of others.

It's not victim blaming. It's learning from others. I was just at a gas station/convenience store. Encountered a mentally unsound individual there. I assessed the risk/reward. I wanted a sandwich but the risk was not worth it. As I get older, I get more risk averse for any sort of physical confrontation. I'm not dealing with an unhinged person. Mentally unstable people are not the same as disrespectful. If I needed to get physical with someone, I'd do what I needed to do and then hightail it out of there to maintain my safety. With hightailing it out there my first choice. Not sticking around. Them returning with a weapon is a strong possibility.

People have just gone nuts. Locally not more than a couple weeks ago an off duty LEO got into an argument with someone at Chick Fila, and when that someone tried to get in his car and leave the argument, the off duty LEO went to his own car, retrieved his firearm, and shot him dead. There is lots of video around, including the off duties wife trying to get the nutjob to calm down and leave the guy alone.

If a LEO can't stay calm over a chicken sandwich we don't stand a chance. Must be something in the water.

I tell my kids not to go anywhere with a crowd anymore.

There is huge problem with quality recruiters. We are down constantly 100-150 officers, and it is really hard to find quality folks.
Then, there was a pipeline from the military forever where a bunch of folks who should not be close to firearms found their way to agencies.
Things got bit better here lately after we bumped pay for like 40k over 4-5 year period, but it is still challenging. I work with them all the time, and know bunch who should never, ever be close to anything that involves firearms.

Mental illness with ridiculously easy access to guns leads to these incidents often.
No, thats the narrative that gets pushed but there are horribly evil people in this world that are not "mentally ill". The "illness" card they play is in an effort to absolve them from the responsibility for their crimes. Gang bangers are not "ill". They wilfully, purposely chose a life of crime, for example.

Then, far, far more good and law abiding people (10's of millions) own guns but don't commit crimes. Blaming guns for someone comitting a murder is like blaming a car for a drunk driving deaths or spoons and forks for obesity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back