So are we going to have an "official" XenForo issue/complaint area?

So even though this change is better than some of the forums I have been on, there are still a lot of things I don't like about it.

Is there going to be an official thread or subform for issues/problems/requests, or do we just use the General Board Info for it?

OK,
  • My birthdate is wrong.
  • Signatures did not pull over correctly (I had changed mine last week, but it pulled the old one over).
  • No way to find my posts. I can find the threads I started, threads I posted in, but not the individual posts I have made. I reference old posts of mine all the time.
    Also the results are listed by most recent posting, not by my post date.
    I have threads listed near the top of my results that I have not posted in in over 4 years, but somebody posted today so it is near the top.

Edit: Using regular search I am able to find the posts themselves, and are ordered by date of my posting.
  • Way too much white on the board. Need some color to break it up (not a dark theme, but some do want one, but something to get rid of the wall of white).
  • Font on the main forum page is too big, too much wasted space.
  • Ignored and followed members did not carry over.
  • Location not shown under user name in posts.
  • Join date no longer shows under user name in posts
  • Unable to turn off right side column.
  • Unable to minimize sub-forums.
  • Unable to change number of posts per page.
  • Have to click twice to mark all posts in sub-forum read (I may be one of the few that liked the auto mark as read on the old forum software)
  • WYSIWYG is default post/edit. No way to change it to stay in BBCode

Many of these were things I did not like about other forums that switched, and seems it is just a XF issue overall.
Some of these are just nitpicks, but some do affect how I interact with the forum and how enjoyable it is.

Still playing around with settings and navigating the forum, so will post more as I find them.

Last edited:
My birthdate is wrong.
Signatures did not pull over correctly (I had changed mine last week, but it pulled the old one over).
Add both here - https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/account/
No way to find my posts. I can find the threads I started, threads I posted in, but not the individual posts I have made. I reference old posts of mine all the time.
Click the thread title link. It's actually a link to your post. https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/search/163/

Font on the main forum page is too big, too much wasted space.
Agree there. The fonts seem to large to me everywhere. I know some might like it so it would be nice if they could be customized on a user-by-user basis.

fonts.png

I like the size of the quoted post fonts. They don't really need to be different sizes either. Also, the font color of the quoted user's name and the color of the vertical sidebar don't fit the theme's colors.

cant change birthday

Click the thread title link. It's actually a link to your post. https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/search/163/
Not if you have multiple posts in a thread, just brings you to the first post in the thread

Agree there. The fonts seem to large to me everywhere. I know some might like it so it would be nice if they could be customized on a user-by-user basis.
It's partially the font, partially the spacing, partially so much white, just seems to be so much wasted space.

I am on a laptop with a 1360x768 display, which makes it all huge. Even on my 1080 monitor it is wasted space IMO.

"Once your birthday has been entered, it cannot be changed. Please contact an administrator if it is incorrect."

It says I'm 15. Of course some say may that explains a lot.
Aww, you are older than me, I am 13 (I am guessing the minimum age for COPPA?).

Last edited:
So even though this change is better than some of the forums I have been on, there are still a lot of things I don't like about it.

Is there going to be an official thread or subform for issues/problems/requests, or do we just use the General Board Info for it?
They even got my name wrong instead of trav now its trav 295 with 0 post and nothing correct, this sucks big time.
I had a feeling this was going to be a major cluster f***.

Back