Slickest grease for guns

Use a synthetic gun oil the have staying power to remain in place.
If you want to try a grease give G96 RFG grease a go, it is a white coloured grease with Teflon in it.
Grease is just oil with a thickener added.
Some don’t like grease they claim it traps crud, I think that is a positive aspect of grease as it keeps the crud a float on the grease surface that oozes out where it’s easy to wipe off.

Glock uses loctite C5A anti-seize for break in grease, it's a copper colored grease on the slide rails. After about 200 rounds I use Breakfree CLP... Don't worry Be happy....

Don’t put copper based loctite C5A anti-seize on any aluminum parts because the copper attacks the aluminum causing pitting.
I don’t know if Glock pistols have any aluminium that could get contaminated with copper based grease.

I use engine oil. guns unless grease is required. Off the shelf hand guns and rifles aren't particularly highly loaded .with regards to lubricant requirements

I like silicone grease, wonderful stuff. But not for steel to steel contacts. Silicone grease tends to make galling worse than no lube at all. Want a dastener to not work itself loose (and it won't have to be undone more than once), use silicon grease on it.

Maybe if there's graphite or MoS2 mixed in with the grease that can be avoided.
Interesting Super Lube comments - is it a silicon grease ? I know it has a Teflon like additive but not sure about other ingredients .

I can't say that I've tried this in this application, but has anyone tried a wax based tungsten-disufide or moly-disulfide lube here ?

I ask because I recently started using some on bicycle chains (it dries non-tacky so it doesn't pick up road grit and it also has been shown to reduce the wear rate by a considerable margin.) and thought, why not use it to lube my pocket knife pivots. I did so, and they work slick as can be now, and don't gain debris from my pockets. It seems like it may work well for this application.

Don’t put copper based loctite C5A anti-seize on any aluminum parts because the copper attacks the aluminum causing pitting.
I don’t know if Glock pistols have any aluminium that could get contaminated with copper based grease.
Yet people use copper anti seize on aluminum heads and wheels, without issue… I never could grasp that..

I can't say that I've tried this in this application, but has anyone tried a wax based tungsten-disufide or moly-disulfide lube here ?

I ask because I recently started using some on bicycle chains (it dries non-tacky so it doesn't pick up road grit and it also has been shown to reduce the wear rate by a considerable margin.) and thought, why not use it to lube my pocket knife pivots. I did so, and they work slick as can be now, and don't gain debris from my pockets. It seems like it may work well for this application.
What products specifically?

Coukd be an interesting lube for a variety of things…

Glock does use a copper antiseize. Every new Glock I’ve owned came with a dab of copper antis-seize in the slide rails.

Reckon the answer to your question is “no” or Glock wouldn’t have used it.

The only aluminum that I am aware of in a Glock may be the slide plate. It feels light, like aluminum, but I am not certain.

There is no way the anti-seize would come in contact with that part in normal use, anyway.

What products specifically?

Coukd be an interesting lube for a variety of things…
In particular, silcas super secret chain lube. Its a wax emulsion with tungsten disufide. Goes on like oil to decreased parts, and the carrier evaporates.

In particular, silcas super secret chain lube. Its a wax emulsion with tungsten disufide. Goes on like oil to decreased parts, and the carrier evaporates.
Thanks! Going to get some to try out for a range of things…

Back