Slickest grease for guns

I'm looking for recommendations of the slickest grease to use for guns. I want to use it on metal-to-metal contact surfaces like on a Glock where the trigger bar meets the connector. I appreciate your recommendations. Thanks.
ga7.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking for recommendations of the slickest grease to use for guns. I want to use it on metal-to-metal contact surfaces like on a Glock where the trigger bar meets the connector. I appreciate your recommendations. Thanks.
How much shooting do you do between cleanings? The grease will pick up crud faster than oil and you'll end up with a gritty pull.

I've always just polished up that area and used a light oil...mostly whatever automotive oil I have on hand.

I have no horse in the Glock race - but as for grease:
Read up on Super Lube - (silicone grease) …
I keep a small tube handy for misc things …

Caution against grease on the Glock...single drop of oil is likely a better route.

Enos Glide is a very light grease for guns. But the application is dependent on the gun. A tighter tolerance 1911 for example will simply push grease out. On my Alchemy 1911's I use oil on the rails. I do the same for my Sig P'e series guns with rails. Oil works great. My needle dropper bottles of gun lube have Mobil 1 5-30......Everything else gets CLP.

I have no horse in the Glock race - but as for grease:
Read up on Super Lube - (silicone grease) …
I keep a small tube handy for misc things …
I like silicone grease, wonderful stuff. But not for steel to steel contacts. Silicone grease tends to make galling worse than no lube at all. Want a dastener to not work itself loose (and it won't have to be undone more than once), use silicon grease on it.

Maybe if there's graphite or MoS2 mixed in with the grease that can be avoided.

Use oil on the Glock trigger. Any automotive type will work fine. If it can keep pistons, cranks, and camshafts from scoring up at 4,000+ RPM at over 200 F, keeping that trigger bar slick for 3 or 4 boxes of shells is a cakewalk.

How much shooting do you do between cleanings? The grease will pick up crud faster than oil and you'll end up with a gritty pull.

I've always just polished up that area and used a light oil...mostly whatever automotive oil I have on hand.
This

I like silicone grease, wonderful stuff. But not for steel to steel contacts. Silicone grease tends to make galling worse than no lube at all. Want a dastener to not work itself loose (and it won't have to be undone more than once), use silicon grease on it.

Maybe if there's graphite or MoS2 mixed in with the grease that can be avoided.

Many years ago the Marine Corps issued us small containers of Lubriplate for use on our M14’s. It was white and I think basically a high grade lithium grease. I’d be inclined to follow ctechbob’s earlier advice and make sure the surfaces have a good finish and use a light oil film.

Excellent for runner and plastics no doubt. And excellent for rubber on metal too. I only have Aluminium calipers with steel and alunminium pistons, I use silicone grease in assembly aswell. But even in cast iron calipers there's seals between the body and the piston/ slide pin

Many years ago the Marine Corps issued us small containers of Lubriplate for use on our M14’s. It was white and I think basically a high grade lithium grease. I’d be inclined to follow ctechbob’s earlier advice and make sure the surfaces have a good finish and use a light oil film.
Be careful with Lubriplate. It comes in both a white Lithium, as well as a biodegradable food grade. You don't want to use the latter on guns.

I have been using Lucas gun grease for this very purpose. Since I have been greasing the trigger bar and connector I have noticed smoother trigger reset. Johnny Glock uses the Loctite C5-A that Glock come factory with on the rails.

A few drops of light machine oil are I ever use. If a firearm needs fancy lubricants to run reliably, it's broken, in my opinion.
Grease is "fancy lubricants?" lol

The M1 Garand would like to have a chat. It's probably one of the most unbroken rifles ever made.

[QUOTE="I Grease is "fancy lubricants?" lol

The M1 Garand would like to have a chat. It's probably one of the most unbroken rifles ever made.
[/QUOTE]
No, I was saying Glock triggers should have oil, and it doesn't need to be anything special.

Some parts like grease, others want oil, but neither need to cost $40 a pop or something ain't right.

No, I was saying Glock triggers should have oil, and it doesn't need to be anything special.

Some parts like grease, others want oil, but neither need to cost $40 a pop or something ain't right.
Uh huh

Back