Sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Workout 7 days a week, otherwise I sleep 2-3 hours max no matter what.

I dunno how sex helps you guys, I am wide awake after sex and completely starving.

hah, sleep.

I work an overnight shift 3 says a week. When I'm not working, I'm daddy to a toddler and a newborn. During the day. So a normal week goes something like this:

Monday - Wake up with the babies, usually around 7am. Get relieved when the teens come home from school. Sleep 3-6PM, then off to work.

Tuesday - Home from work at 8:15AM. In bed usually around 10AM. Sleep until 5PM. This is by far my biggest chunk of sleep. shower and work...

Wed - Home from work at 8:15AM. Go to bed around 9AM and sleep until 1PM. Go back to bed at 2AM, wake up with the babies (6-7AM)

Thurs-Fri: Bed 2AM, wake 6-7AM

Sat: bed 2am, wake 6AM, back to bed 2PM, wake 6PM for work.

Sun: Bed 9AM, wake 1PM.

Despite all of this insanity I still manage to fall asleep rather quickly and sleep well. Once in a while i'll take some Benydril but that's rare.

Couple drinks usually does the trick for me, but I swear, I sleep differently if I do that. Works best if I alternate patterns: drink a couple nights, then not for a few.

For the most part I get up at the same time and go to bed at the same time; and I try to relax a bit before bed.

But I generally count myself lucky, as 99% of the time I don't have problems. When I do have problems falling asleep I suspect I'm best off getting up and being up for an hour or two. Might not get a good nights sleep but I'll probably have less problems the next night.

Lately if I'm having trouble sleeping I put on an audio book on the phone, and have it set to turn off in 15 minutes. Most times I won't remember what the last 5 minutes was about.

I take nothing. Try to stick to a regular weekly routine. Get up at the same time every morning which gives me 7 hours.
Sometimes I can't sleep well....but I think it's normal every now and then. Mostly caused from thoughts or anxietes.
Can't stand insomnia, but if it comes....just say "oh well" and deal with it. Best thing about NOT sleeping one night? The next night I sleep well from being so tired.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Nothing.

I'm always tired. It's normal.

It's not normal. See my above post.

My routine is morning exercise, a small dose of diphenhydramine (the stuff that's in Benadryl) before bed, and blackout curtains in the bedroom. The cats occasionally wake me up by galloping across me. Sometimes I can get back to sleep after that, and sometimes I can't.

During the work week I usually sleep only 6-7 hours a night, and catch up -- as much as you can, anyway -- on Friday night and with a nap on Saturday and Sunday.

I tried melatonin. Had unsettling dreams, so I don't use it any more.

Vigorous exercise an hour or two before bedtime works wonders for me.

The nights I play softball, even a tornado wouldn't be able to wake me up and I feel great the next morning.

Getting to sleep during the week at lease is not typically a problem for me. I'm usually up at 5/5:15 during the week and laying down around 1 (getting going presents a challenge sometimes).

If I'm still wound up by then thinking about what I need to do in the AM, I just try to relax/slow my mind down.

Then catch up some of the weekends.

All the "sleep disturbed" folks have my most sincere sympathies.

I can fall asleep anywhere, sleep very soundly, and wake at the correct time without an alarm clock, rarin' to go...

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
I have no trouble with sleep either. I will be asleep on a good day within 30 sec of hitting the pillow. No supplements needed at any time.

For those having trouble, here is another option: http://www.fisherwallace.ca

Interesting.....have you tried this?

No...like I said I have zero trouble sleeping.

Just putting another option out there. I have seen what the effects that sleep troubles have on people. It can slowly kill you in some cases and seriously impact quality of life for most at the least. If I have trouble sleeping and they offered a money back guarantee, I would search up a bit & give it whirl, what's to lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back