Sleep number mattress or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for you guys who have airbeds: can you buy new covers and foam pads for them if they wear out? It almost looks like you could "rebuild" an airbed if parts start wearing out. Thanks.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
I have a question for you guys who have airbeds: can you buy new covers and foam pads for them if they wear out? It almost looks like you could "rebuild" an airbed if parts start wearing out. Thanks.

Yes indeed. There's a great deal of customizability, too.

My sister and brother-in-law just bought some pillow top Posturepedic (I think) mattress that was like $3K....just for the mattress! I think the last time my wife and I bought a mattress it was under $1K...$3K a mattress is ridiculous!

We have had ours for almost 15 years and would not hesitate to buy another.
My wife and I constantly fought when going to buy a mattress. I have severe back problems and need a firm mattress, she likes soft mattresses. Problem solved. She can have hers as soft as she wants (usually 35-40) and I can have mine as firm as I need (usually 90-100.)
Only issue we have had with ours is a wear item-the foam rubber "bumper" on the side of the mattress is starting to degrade because she constantly sits on the side of the bed. I will do that in the near future.
I would recommend filling out one of the advertising cards that you find in a magazine. The reason for this is not for the DVD that they mail but because they have factory sales that can save a substantial amount of $ over buying in the store. Bought ours @ end of model year and saved over $500. Only difference was a color change in the fabric.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back