SK Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
FOX Business reported today that SK Hand Tools went on strike because their employes health insurance provider cancelled their coverage.

Cant wait to hear the spin on that.Every lying,thieving,crook in Washington will hold that up as proof we need Government health care i would guess.

It wouldn't surprise me if we soon have all SK and Craftsman tools say "Made in China".

Originally Posted By: tom slick
Interesting, they are employee owned. Who are the striking against?

I was reading some blogs on the company dated from April of this year and they were saying that they were owned by a rich guy from France. (Their words, not mine)

Originally Posted By: Kruse
It wouldn't surprise me if we soon have all SK and Craftsman tools say "Made in China".

Lets hope not. Interesting tho, it will be the consumer voting with his wallet that will cause this.

Originally Posted By: Kruse
Originally Posted By: tom slick
Interesting, they are employee owned. Who are the striking against?

I was reading some blogs on the company dated from April of this year and they were saying that they were owned by a rich guy from France. (Their words, not mine)

I was slightly off
From their corporate website

"In 2005, SK was bought by its own management,
and is now independently operated by two shareholders."

I can't say that I blame them myself. What are they to do for health insurance in the meantime? If you have pre existing conditions good luck finding private health insurance. For my part I hope the public plan makes it for no other reasn than to keep the private companies honest.

Found this article on it and for such a high priced tool it seems like the wages they pay aren't all that great. They say that the insurance was cancelled unexpectedly, but I'd have to wonder if it was because they hadn't paid the premiums since one report I read said that the employees didn't know it until they got the medical bills or they noticed that the deduction wasn't taken out of the their paycheck. Either way I would doubt that a insurance company would drop coverage with no warning and without explanation. To me the companies story sounds like a fake.
http://bulletin.aarp.org/states/il/2009/34/articles/workers_strike_after_health_care_yanked.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back